by Jessycaz

Original Post

[CoL] Can't Intersect Other Objects Issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, All game packs except journey to battu, All stuff packs except mossimo stuff and fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household in the Cordelia's Secret Cottage lot, buy a cow and some chickens, try moving the cow shed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The footprint of the cow shed is green indicating a valid location to move it, but when you click to place it, it says "Can't intersect other objects"
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to place the cow shed in a space large enough for it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This and similar issued started after I installed Cottage Living

As described above: there's lots of space for the cow shed and it looks like I can place it, but then I can't. I have a similar issue with placing the garden plots. I've added smaller items in the space that I want the cow shed / garden plots, then clicked and dragged to delete everything in the area, but I still can't place the items I want in those spaces. I haven't manipulated the terrain at all, so it's all flat. I don't understand what the issue is.

I've also added some items on shelves on this lot and every time the lot loads (starting the game / returning from traveling) some items on some shelves get returned to my inventory- not all.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (1,745 Views)

Re: Can't Intersect Other Objects Issue

Hero
@Jessycaz Test this and it works fine for me. Do you only have issues on that lot ?

Sounds a bit similar to this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Moved-animal-shed-llama-went-into-home-inventory-Can-t-bring-h...

Can you move it on an new save when you don't buy a cow ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,712 Views)

Hero
@Jessycaz Does this happen on other lots too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,688 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This happens for me as well. On other lots in Henford-on-Bagley, and not only for the animal shed but also for gardening plots. Placing with move object works, and the gardening plots work.

Message 4 of 4 (1,679 Views)