Can't Host Party for first time at Level 45

by MargotQuinn24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Host Party for first time at Level 45

★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Huawei P20 Pro
OS Version Android 10.0
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All the options to select a Party are locked. It also says your sim hasn't chosen a new trait.
What do you expect to see? I'll be able to party even for just the Birthday one, 'cause I'm already on level 45 and I have 4 playable sims and they have complete set of traits.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Philippines

It's supposed to be my very first time to host a party at Level 45, so I expect the Birthday party one to be initiated but I can't. There was one time after I got my game rolled back from getting my cloud corrupted, on level 38, there was this tutorial that suddenly came out about how to party, it kept prompting me a few times to do the steps but I did not want to do them at that time so I tried to ignore it quite a few times too. After a few minutes, it finally disappeared. Obviously, my game glitched a bit but I tolerated it. I never knew it would cause a future issue now. I tried to change the traits of some of my sims, waited the next day to see if the glitch disappears, but it still exists.

Message 1 of 13 (1,349 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Host Party for first time at Level 45

Hero
@MargotQuinn24
It seems ignoring the tutorial might have caused this issue.
As you can see on your screenshot, you need to choose a new trait for one of your Sims when you want to host a birthday party. Changing traits won't work.

I suggest you to make one of your active Sims passive or retire him/her.
Then promote a new Sim, choose a new trait and try hosting a birthday party immediately.
Could you try and tell us how it goes?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (1,340 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@MargotQuinn24
It seems ignoring the tutorial might have caused this issue.
As you can see on your screenshot, you need to choose a new trait for one of your Sims when you want to host a birthday party. Changing traits won't work.

I suggest you to make one of your active Sims passive or retire him/her.
Then promote a new Sim, choose a new trait and try hosting a birthday party immediately.
Could you try and tell us how it goes?

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 13 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SalixCat doing it now. Does it have to be the 4th trait that I can unlock? 'Cause my sim only has 3 for now and I made him get a career.

Message 3 of 13 (1,319 Views)

Hero
@MargotQuinn24 It should work with any new trait.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 4 of 13 (1,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SalixCat Ohhh. The game prompted me to choose 2 new traits consecutively. The first one was already selected by the game itself. After choosing the 2 traits, I tried the party steps but it still says I haven't chosen a new trait this week and I still can't start a party.

Message 5 of 13 (1,307 Views)

Hero
@MargotQuinn24 Can you promote a new Sim that has never been active and try again?

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 13 (1,287 Views)

★ Guide

@SalixCat The sim that I made active now has never been active before, that's why I wondered why he already has one trait. But I'll try another one of my sims again.

Message 7 of 13 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MargotQuinn24Sims married to the family have one trait, at least townie NPCs my sims married.

Remember to time your new trait and party to the same party week, new party week starts Wednesday.

edit addition: @SalixCat slightly off topic but I tried switching sims last weekend for the first time and made active the townie NPC my sim married couple of months ago. I had to choose all traits at once when I activated her and the birthday party option wasn’t available for her. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 13 (1,264 Views)

★ Guide

Oh okay @Ilois4 never knew that before. I hope the sim I made active now will be able to choose the birthday party option though.

Thanks @Ilois4 and @SalixCat I've learned so much from you. I'll update here as soon as I can. I hope I can host a party after. 😘💖

Message 9 of 13 (1,232 Views)

★ Guide

@SalixCat and @Ilois4 after unlocking the 4th trait I'm now hosting my first ever party! You should come haha! This is awesome! Thank you so much! Can't wait to party more! 😘💖

Message 10 of 13 (1,185 Views)