Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Firestorm
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug Every game in firestorm at some point I am unable to drop ammo from my inventory or swap something from my backpack into my inventory. I right click and it doesn't work and starts to zoom my weapon in. Someimtes alt-tabbing or minimizing will fix it, but rarely.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play firestorm and get a bugged inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? game attempts to zoom in instead of dropping ammo
What should be happening instead? i should be able to drop / split ammo or drag items from backpack to inventory.

Every game in firestorm at some point I am unable to drop ammo from my inventory or swap something from my backpack into my inventory. I right click and it doesn't work and starts to zoom my weapon in. Sometimes alt-tabbing or minimizing will fix it, but rarely.

Message 1 of 17 (1,066 Views)

Re: Can't Drop Items in Firestorm

★★★★★ Novice

Is this in Solo or Squads? I have the same problem, but it only seems to happen in Squads. In the squads there was one thing I often didn't do before I jumped and that was place a marker on the map (I jumped after my teammates marker). What I also noticed when I got this bug, was placing a marker on the map when I was on the ground was really messed up.

So now I have started always placing a marker before jumping to see if that helps and probably 10 rounds later I've not had this bug again. Could just be luck, but it might be something you can try.

Message 2 of 17 (1,029 Views)

★★ Novice

This is in squads. Ive noticed teh map marker being messed up. It's almost like the resolution is messed up and the click is off or something if that makes sense. I'll try the marker trick and see if that does anything. I've even tried adding an additional keybind for selecting and dropping items from my inventrory and it didn't help.

Message 3 of 17 (1,007 Views)

★★ Novice
bumping. anyone have a solution?
Message 4 of 17 (976 Views)

Community Manager

@ScoutIy 

Have you tried changing your keybindings back to default? There's also specific keybindings for Firestorm. You'll see select item in inventory and drop item in inventory. Maybe you don't have right click set for drop item.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 17 (954 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah the keybinds aren't the issue and I they they are set correctly because I am able to drop and swap items. The bug comes and goes. Usually at the beginning of the game things are fine, but at some point it bugs out and I can't drop items/ammo.

Message 6 of 17 (951 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I get this bug and its really really bad. I have disabled all overlays.

cleared origin cache

Re-installed BFV onto a different drive.

Has anyone had any success in solving this issue?

This is driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 17 (913 Views)

Community Manager

@C74_C74  @ScoutIy  @Faddn 

What type of mice and keyboards do you all have?

Do they have the latest drivers?

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

I tried searching the Battlefield forums and subreddit and can't find too many reports on this. I did find this one:

"Inventory bug (ammo drop, weapon switching). My teammates facing this bug when using discord and receiving messages in it. Solution - minimize it to Tray. But it is kinda disturbing."

Do you have Discord running at all?

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 17 (869 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have disabled all overlays in discord and have minimized to tray. I even tried it with discord closed completely. I am starting to think it could be a windows issue/conflict.

KB is Corsair K70

Mouse is Logitec G300s

Message 9 of 17 (866 Views)

Community Manager

@C74_C74 

Try uninstalling it for a game to see if that has any effect. We actually saw that work out for other type of issues. This way we can at least narrow down what could be causing it. Do you have any lighting software for your PC?

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 17 (860 Views)