Sim cannot write comedy routines on PC

by Diddakoi

Original Post

Re: Can't Compose Comedy Routines via Sims Computer.

Hero

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 26 (600 Views)

Re: Can't Compose Comedy Routines via Sims Computer.

Hero
@JoniJude1124 Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 26 (567 Views)

Sim cannot write comedy routines on PC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None, base game only
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have tried saving and exiting the game, selling and buying new desk/chair/pc, using pc in the library
What happens when the bug occurs? writing comedy routine on pc
What do you expect to see? sim complete action
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've seen similar threads posted and fixed but I can't find my specific answer - I've somehow lost the function for my sim to write comedy routines on the pc. I used to do it all the time but suddenly it's stopped. The option is there in the menu but when I click that action nothing happens. It doesn't get added to their queue or anything, its as if I didn't select an option at all.

Other actions on the PC and other items around the house/world work fine.

I have restarted the game, rebought pcs, gone to a library and tried there, but nothing works - its as if the option isn't valid despite it not being greyed out.

Message 13 of 26 (605 Views)

Re: Sim cannot write comedy routines on PC

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Diddakoi Can you try going into build mode and making sure bb.moveobjects is off. If so move the PC and see if it allows you to place the PC on the desk. If not, move whatever is blocking the PC from being interacted with.

Which PC is giving you trouble?

Message 14 of 26 (599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @PoptartJuniper 

I can interact with the pc, but when I choose the write comedy routine option the menu disappears (as usual) but the action doesn't go into their queue. She can do everything but write routines on the pc. I just have the one in the household (have tried two different types now) as well as the ones in the library.

Message 15 of 26 (592 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Diddakoi Has your Sim performed the routines they wrote previously? Are you able to refine them?
Message 16 of 26 (590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@PoptartJuniper yes the Sim can perform routines and refine them. Just can't write new content it seems.

Message 17 of 26 (588 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Diddakoi is your sim human or occult?
Message 18 of 26 (586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@PoptartJuniper Human, I don't have any mods or expansions.

Message 19 of 26 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Diddakoi Apologies, you did list that. Have you written a lot of routines? I believe there's a cap of 7-8. You may simply have hit the cap and can't write any more. (Reference)

Message 20 of 26 (580 Views)