Can play solo, queue with friends = crash

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8 gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SolarUpdraft
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. FabledWarden
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. in the lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. attempting to queue
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0 together, but attmepted to queue several times, can play normally separate
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.02.19 8:00 pacific time
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? one or both squad friends is disconnected
What should be happening instead? we get to play the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, could be related to steam friends, or playing in the same house and network

It's not exactly a crash, but the game displays "connection-timed-out, see ea.com/unable-to-connect" and dumps one or both of us from the squad. N.B.: we're roommates, and playing on the same network. It seemed to dump him more often than me, and I'd get put in a squad of two without him.

Message 1 of 7 (1,740 Views)

Re: Can play solo, queue with friends = crash

★★ Novice
I have this problem as well except I am not playing with friends on the same network. I am playing on a university network. Other multiplayer games allow me to play just fine. When I play solo there are far fewer connectivity issues. When playing in a party with friends I will lose connection to the server multiple times before even being able to search for a match.
Message 2 of 7 (1,710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same exact issue, can play solos fine but when I party up with some I either disconnect before the game starts or half way through I’ll crash/get disconnect back to main lobby 

Message 3 of 7 (1,699 Views)

★★ Novice
I am also having this same exact issue with my roommate, We would really like to be able to party up and play together but unfortunately it will not allow us. This is causing both of us not to play the game as much as we would like. We have been able to join a few games together by reserving IP's on our router specifically set for Apex. This is not ideal, and I would love to see this fixed I hope this is a known issue for them. This has been happening since the release day and it's disappointing it was not addressed in the this weeks patch.
Message 4 of 7 (1,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is a well-known issue that EA either is ignoring or at best taking their time to fix.  I mean, many of us play these games so that we can join friends.  Some have suggesting changing router settings like NAT filtering to "OPEN" but I'm not adjusting my security settings and shouldn't have to since other online games don't have this issue.  EA needs to get off their butts and fix this.

Message 5 of 7 (1,685 Views)

★★ Novice

A friend of mine is having the same issue. He can play for hours straight with no issue with randoms, but if he queues with me or one of his friends, basically any premade squad, he crashes 70% of the time.

Message 6 of 7 (1,599 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was having all kinds of problems with this game and went as far to build an entire new pc to be able to keep playing I enjoy it so much but that never fixed my problem. I had never not played a game without friends so I never realized this was my issue until a few nights ago when I started playing by myself and the game seemed to stop crashing. I'd play with friends the next day and back to crashing. Then alone no problems, later that night, nonstop crashing with friends. I just played for 6 hours without the game crashing and then a friend got into my party and wasn't able to even finish the next match before it crashed. Did it 3 more times in a row before I rage quit, googled and found this thread. They have clearly swept this issue under the rug since it only affects so few people.

My game has crashed over 150 times because of this error. 

Message 7 of 7 (963 Views)