Original Post

Can not ping waypoint on map overlay when jump is mapped to R1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? shadow-library
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. n/a
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. n/a
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? always
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? With my controls remapped I can no longer ping on the Map Overlay during the game I remap my controls: jump: R1 crouch: L1 Ping: R3 With this setup, the legend on the map still says R1 to put a map waypoint, but that has no effect. I can still use R2/L2 to zoom in/out, but I cannot put a ping on the map. Picked major because ash now makes map pinging waypoints more important since you can see locations of death boxes and need to share info with teammates EDIT: I've done a bit more testing, and it seems ping on map specifically breaks when R1 is mapped to crouch. If I make R1 Crouch and L1 Jump then pining on the map works
What should be happening instead? I should be able to ping a point on the map
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get PS4 Remap controls as described: jump: R1 crouch: L1 Ping: R3 Tac: X Melee: O EDIT: I've done a bit more testing, and it seems ping on map specifically breaks when R1 is mapped to crouch. If I make R1 Crouch and L1 Jump then pining on the map works

Not sure what else to say. 

Let me know if there's more details you need or are unable to reproduce the issue?

thanks!

EDIT: I've done a bit more testing, and it seems ping on map specifically breaks when R1 is mapped to crouch. If I make R1 Crouch and L1 Jump then pining on the map works

Here is video demonstrating: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1196666627

Message 2 of 2 (306 Views)

Unable to ping minimap

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Bellithewise
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In the minimap
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Attempting to ping minimap
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/a
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) N/a
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I am using a custom button layout. My interact button in mapped to my right joystick button. Since I switched to this well over a year ago I have not been able to ping a waypoint on the mini map. The map show prompts for the standard buttons but when I press X or R3 nothing happens . I’ve lived with it forever but now that I’m playing ash it’s really hindering my ability to relay info to my team. Thank you for your time!
What should be happening instead? A waypoint should be being ping when I press the interact button
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In custom button layout change the standard X button to R3. You will be unable to ping your map now.

I tried to attach a video, I’m sorry I couldn’t get it to work. Any and all help with this is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)