Can not go full screen on Battlefield 1 - Gives black screen and game freezes.

by xdGerd

Original Post

Can not go full screen on Battlefield 1 - Gives black screen and game freezes.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Black screen, game freezes.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try going full screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes.
Please select your region Other
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Doubt it's an issue with my gpu. BF1 ran fine on the Open Beta.
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB

Trying to go full screen but all I get is a black screen each time along with it trying to resize and suddenly the game freezes up with the black screen still there. This just happens in the main menu where we can change settings such as  graphics settings.

Message 1 of 11 (4,691 Views)

Re: Can not go full screen on Battlefield 1 - Gives black screen and game freezes.

Community Manager

@equinoxed

Can you check if disabling origin in-game has an effect on this please?

Origin menu, Application Settings, Origin in-game, set it to off

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (4,653 Views)

Re: Can not go full screen on Battlefield 1 - Gives black screen and game freeze

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It stopped the game from freezing but for some reason it just doesn't want to go fullscreen. All I am getting is a black screen after I save the options.

Also got this. 

Message 3 of 11 (4,631 Views)

Re: Can not go full screen on Battlefield 1 - Gives black screen and game freeze

Community Manager

@xdGerd

On menu screens especially the framerate can skyrocket way above the refresh rate of your monitor and this may be your issue.

Can you take a look at the following post and let us know if limiting the framerate has an effect on this please:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Battlefield-1-stopped-working-Over-and-over-and-over-ag...

barry.png
Message 4 of 11 (4,620 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried it just then. Same problem. I go Full screen > save options and then my screen tries resizing it and then a black screen appears and it's pretty much unresponsive from there. 

Message 5 of 11 (4,606 Views)

★★★ Novice

same error here and tried everything, also a clean installation of drivers and game...so, are there any fixes or do i just have to uninstall it and stop playing?

(before the "autumn patch" it ran great)

Message 6 of 11 (4,409 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've found the only way to make it playable is delete all save info, launch the game then set it to 'boarderless' mode. It now loads but having it borderless is far from ideal.

I hope they fix this soon.

On a side note Giants Shadow sucks, why did they make another Suez?

Message 7 of 11 (4,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried what you suggested, and am able to start up the game (in-game Origin stuff)

I haven't restarted the game yet, but will do so in a few.

Message 8 of 11 (4,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

ty very very much ea for being as useful as a glass of salad water in the middle of the sea....i'm really happy when i think that you got my money for a game which i can't even play

Message 9 of 11 (4,215 Views)

★ Novice

LOL the SAME thing happened to me, the exact same issue happened out of the blue and even talked to an useless representative via chat. Worst customer support ever.

Message 10 of 11 (2,624 Views)