Re: Can Not Upgrade Workshop- "Shift in Progress"

by WIllaWinrey

Original Post

Can Not Upgrade Workshop- "Shift in Progress"

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy Note 20
OS Version No idea what this even means
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For over a week now, I have been unable to upgrade the workshop because it says a shift is in progress. No sims are in a workshop shift. I have seen similar reports but, unlike others I have read, my sims are able to complete more shifts. I have made each sim passive and active again, let them finish all of their tasks, Force closed and reopened the app, etc- all of the suggestions I have seen on similar posts to no avail. I have even retired sims since the problem began. Any tips?
What do you expect to see? I would just like to be able to upgrade the workshop.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I have no other additional information.

Message 1 of 8 (1,210 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey, 
Can you please share your Player ID with me in a DM with the subject line: Can Not Upgrade Workshop- "Shift in Progress"? 

Message 2 of 8 (1,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Sanah Can I also contact you? I've been having problems for months now and the help center couldn't really help me.
Message 3 of 8 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update: I can no longer start shifts anymore either so it now seems to be the same as what many others are experiencing.

Message 4 of 8 (1,078 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hey could i send you my ID too because i seem to have the same problem!

Cannot upgrade workshop

Message 5 of 8 (1,002 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update- I have still not received any assistance for any of the many bugs and glitches I have been experiencing. I have been unable to complete a shift and therefor unable to complete the daily tasks for weeks now and have over 4000 bottle caps that I simply can not use on top of random long-retired sims haunting my houses, completely losing ains entirely, being irrevocably stuck in events, etc. Is there seriously no one who can help? I send a dm to the person who commented with the asked for information and still have not heard back nor have has anyone assisted me with any of my other problems. It feels like some new bug negatively impacts my game play every single day with this game and it is really disheartening to be unable to get any assistance for over a month with any of this. 

Message 6 of 8 (975 Views)

★★★ Novice

The Sims Festival has started up again and I would really like to be able to complete the daily tasks but can never do the workshop and complete all 5 daily task tasks because of this. I have still received absolutely no assistance. 

Message 7 of 8 (835 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@WIllaWinrey same and i cant complete the daily tasks! Frown

it's also really annoying now as i cant start a new shift so i cant buy items from the workshop without using my simcash
Message 8 of 8 (791 Views)