by Zwaukk

Original Post

Camera scope hero bug

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug camera gies dark with som hero when i scope
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? camera goes dark when i scope and move with hero
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Hello it's been a while I have this bug. When i play a hero (phasma,finn and bossk) when i scope and move my screen become dark so i cant play...

If some one can help me it would be nice.

I play on PC by origin and ther is the link of the video for this bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7QE4RSdC9o

Message 1 of 3 (408 Views)

Re: Camera scope hero bug

★★★★★ Expert

@Zwaukk 
This issue started happening after the Scarif update (04/29/20). Since then, when you scope, according to the patch notes, you will now go in full first-person view and do not stay in third-person anymore. This changes where the blaster shot comes from, improving the experience.

However, not only that isn't true because the shots are still angled like before (Iden's Pulse Cannon is a great example to show that it hasn't changed), but it created a new glitch that affects the scoped vision. What you're seeing as 'the camera getting dark' is actually the character's model overlapping with the camera placement. You're actually seeing inside your character, and when you see a character from inside, messy textures are all over the place. As an example, here's the Wookiee Warrior's head seen from inside:

image.png

One thing I'd like to ask you is what's the number you use for Field of View. I've never properly tested this, but I was told higher FoVs are the culprit to this. Mine is 90, default is 55 if I'm not mistaken. People using default FoV don't seem to get affected by this (Console players are locked to default FoV, so that would explain why they never complained about it).

Message 2 of 3 (351 Views)

Re: Camera scope hero bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, i just decrease my FoV like you said. I was at 77 and i put it as delfault and  it  doesn't works. The bug is still here

I tried all FoV but it's still becoming dark when i move.

Do you know another way to fix it or it's impossible?

Anyway thank you for the help

Message 3 of 3 (337 Views)