Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Camera automatically/unintentionally focusing on other families played

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All , except kits, Werewolves pack and wedding pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a sim residing in a neighborhood of San Myshuno and keep the camera focused on him. If you have neighboring families that live in the apartments and that are your active families, you will notice that when a sim from this family appears in the active neighborhood, your camera will automatically switch to this sim that appeared in your neighborhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? The camera that was focused on the currently active family sim will automatically and unintentionally jump to a neighboring sim that has just appeared in your neighborhood at the moment.
What do you expect to see? I hope the in-game camera doesn't unintentionally move around focusing on other neighboring sims that aren't in the active family at the moment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue appeared with update 1.90.358.1030.

I haven't tested it in other worlds despite having families thrown into them, only in San Myshuno could I see the problem. This camera movement resembles the same automatic movement when a vampire sim breaks into your home.

Here is a link to a video I made showing what happens for better understanding:

https://twitter.com/JMoon_gamer/status/1552101911448457217

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 98 (10,465 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN]Camera automatically and unintentionally focusing on other families pl

★★★★★ Expert

Checked today. It's fixed for me. ♥

View in thread

Message 97 of 98 (3,179 Views)

All Replies

Re: Camera automatically and unintentionally focusing on other families played

Hero
@JMoon_gamer Would be helpful if you could test other hoods to see if it's a CL issue or something else.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 98 (10,414 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@JMoon_gamer I'm having the same issue, except I'm playing in English and this is happening in EVERY world ALL THE TIME. This has only been happening since the 7/26/22 Patch update.I have all packs, including the Werewolves pack. I also noticed that the "neighboring sim" the camera is focusing on, is always playing with their phone when this happens. Maybe it has something to do with the new phone User Interface? I just hope they fix it soon because it's very disruptive to the game play.
Message 3 of 98 (10,384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@reftulip Yes, it is happening in all worlds. I took a sim to a nightclub in Willow Creek and it was a very unpleasant experience, because every sim from other active families in which game that appeared in the nightclub, the camera automatically leaves the sim I'm playing and focuses on the sim that just appeared. And really like you said, sims are always on the phone. 😕

Message 4 of 98 (10,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Have you both changed phone cover color with these sims? Because I get this issue for sims which I changed the phone cover color. Now they will always change the color if they visit a lot // unplayed in this case // and my camera will be focusing to this sims it’s because of *change phone color* action.

Message 5 of 98 (10,334 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@daikoyu For me, it happens with all sims regardless of whether or not I changed their phone colors. In fact I've only changed the phone colors for one family out of 20+ families and I haven't seen anyone from that family at all when this happens. However, I do think it has something to do with the phone, since they're always on it when the camera switches to them. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.
Message 6 of 98 (10,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@JMoon_gamerSame here. It was particularly bad at the nightclub for me too, since there were so many sims coming to that lot. Can you imagine how bad it will be at the high school lot, if this doesn't get patched? Yikes!

Message 7 of 98 (10,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Wedding stories, some kits and batu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use your phone to select travel, when you get to a lot all sims take out their phones and change their phone covers. Or when sim autonomously takes out phone to change phone cover.
What happens when the bug occurs? Camera pans/focuses on sims changing phone cover
What do you expect to see? For one, the constant changing of phones covers autonomously is absurd. This should be something that is not every time you travel or several times throughout the day. But mostly, changing a phone cover is not life changing. Every time it happens I think one of the sims is dying.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Removed mods folder. Deleted caches and updated the game.

@reftulipI have noticed this as well. Whenever one of my household sims are changing their phone cover, the camera focuses on them. Scares me to pieces bc I always think someone is dying.

Additionally, I have noticed this happens every time the sims travel. They take their phones out and change the covers. They also change them several times a day. 

Message 8 of 98 (10,272 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@candiecoatediv Yeah it's completely ridiculous. I'm hoping it's an easy enough fix if they would just turn off the autonomous phone thing, seems like that would solve the problem. I just hope they fix it before the High School pack comes out tomorrow. I imagine that will be a hot mess if it's not fixed.
Message 9 of 98 (10,234 Views)

Camera keeps jerking back to active sim.

★ Guide

My camera keeps autofocusing back to my active sim and it's very annoying if I'm trying to have them go somewhere else on the lot or get screenshots of the area.

Message 10 of 98 (10,145 Views)