Re: Camera Rotation bug

by Khevor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Camera Rotation bug

★ Apprentice

I just got The Sims 4 only a few hours ago but I have been unable to play.

Joanna from Live Chat help told me to post this issue as a bug here so here it goes:

Rotating a sim in CAS or using Rotation in Live mode or Build mode, it rotates wildly.  (In Live and Build modes though, the rotation slows but continuously rotates after that).

Figuring it might be a mouse problem, I uninstalled the SetPoint program that came with the Logitech (old b200 Optical) mouse.  No change.

Switched to my old Microsoft optical mouse.  No change.

Support steps taken:

repaired game, no change

uninstalled, reinstalled game, no change

cleared the cache of Origin in 3 places (ProgramData, Roaming, Local) and restarted it then the game.  No change.

repaired the game again.  No change.

Message 1 of 3 (2,298 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Update 2:

The cause of my problem is a conflict between Origin's in-game overlay and Trillian's chat in-game overlay.  (Trillian is an all-in-one IM chat program).

The fix my issue, I just need to disable one of the overlays (either Origin's or Trillian's as it didn't matter which).

This issue, for me, is solved.  (Too bad I can't have both overlays.)

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (2,354 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Update:  I had already ended the conversation with the agent on support but I solved the problem.  Disabling Origin in-game fixed the issue for me.

Message 2 of 3 (2,291 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update 2:

The cause of my problem is a conflict between Origin's in-game overlay and Trillian's chat in-game overlay.  (Trillian is an all-in-one IM chat program).

The fix my issue, I just need to disable one of the overlays (either Origin's or Trillian's as it didn't matter which).

This issue, for me, is solved.  (Too bad I can't have both overlays.)

Message 3 of 3 (2,355 Views)