Call for action on current crashing/freezing issue

by Resmi9793

Original Post

Re: Call for action on current crashing/freezing issue

★★★★★ Novice

Wow your arrogance is relic 7.  I play on the exact same phone as you and I have 2-3 crashes a day. I also use bluestacks and it crashes there as well. Oh and in case you fob me off with the deflect and ignore “emulations aren’t supported” it also crashes on my android tablet.  So.. either 3 different hardware devices and both OS are the issue ... or maybe the game has a fundamentally flaw (or many). Time to start helping solve the problem. 

Message 61 of 77 (643 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@wildmannz I don't mean to be arrogant I'm giving him data to help.
Data from someone who is not crashing may help figure out what the issue is. I was trying to point out that I am a worse case scenario user.
Message 62 of 77 (632 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My post was in reference to the guy who posted “I have an iPhone XR... and it works fine for me” with a shrug. I hit reply to his post. Not directed at you Enigma. 

Message 63 of 77 (617 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@wildmannz Replies just get posted to the end of the thread. If you want to make it clear who you're talking to, add an at tag like this (or press quick reply to the post you want to comment on).
Message 64 of 77 (598 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Resmi9793 I managed to get more stability on my Android phone by dialing down the animations in the OS. Doesn't solve the problem but makes it much less frequent. I suspect the core problem is a memory leak which can result in any number of issues so the stack traces may be less helpful.

I've had this problem for over a year but it did get much worse (until my mitigation) with the new client likely due to increased memory usage. I restart before every important battle. Too bad there isn't an option to change memory usage behavior on the emulators.
Message 65 of 77 (523 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I still get a crash a day at least, today during TB. 

My RAM is at 6Gb and I'm always closing the app before major battles. 

I'll try to get running the debug stuff, loads of things to do, so let's say that a bugged phone game is not in my priorities

Here goes a screen shot just to get this post more colorful. 

Screenshot_20200731-103353.jpg
Message 66 of 77 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PrimeForce2000 I don't use emulators, but they are all basically virtual machines running on the host PC/Mac. As such, they all have options to set how much RAM to allocate for your emulated Android device. My advice would be to try increasing that by 1GB and seeing if it improves stability.
Message 67 of 77 (478 Views)

★ Guide

It is from google play when I was loolink for reporting the application :D

Capture 6.PNG

Should we resort to this ? lol

Message 68 of 77 (374 Views)

★ Guide
@Resmi9793 it does not help in this particular instance.
Message 69 of 77 (319 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@shhfiftyfive Sadly, that doesn't surprise me. There are enough reports on this forum that there must be at least one other problem than the memory issues I'm constantly seeing. If you can get a bug report from your device, it might help progress the issue.
Message 70 of 77 (295 Views)