Call for action on current crashing/freezing issue

by Resmi9793

Original Post

Re: Call for action on current crashing/freezing issue

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hmmm..  Crashes seem to have gone up again since the Mon Mothma build.  Exactly the same libil2cpp stack trace as before, so I suspect it is using more RAM and my previous workaround has been foiled.  Let's see

Normal operation previous build:

PID USER PR NI CPU% S #THR VSS RSS PCY Name

31616 u0_a211 16 -4 9% S 102 2137360K 638212K fg com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row

Normal operation new build:

PID USER     PR  NI CPU% S  #THR     VSS     RSS PCY Name

19525 u0_a211  16  -4   6% S   106 2292008K 925312K  fg com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row

Yup - the increased VSS is suspicious.  It would be nice to be able to add more RAM to my device, but I can't!  Might help matters for those people using emulators, though...

Message 51 of 77 (741 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How in the hell game can be as much bugged that it's freezing even in Bluestacks?
Yesterday once, today twice - and due to such poor game behavior I lost two good teams in Territory War and could not help my guild as much as I wanted and I should.

Heroes_Screenshot_2020.07.25_19.44.14.jpg
Message 52 of 77 (713 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TetsuoWallace Let's not add more posts about emulators... They will just get removed. As noted above, though, increasing your RAM may help.
Message 53 of 77 (707 Views)

@Resmi9793 wrote:
@GladOS-013 ..?Maybe they could confirm it has been raised internally, or even better, what else is needed before they do. Is that really too much to ask?

wharp95 wrote:

@Resmi9793it seems, the issue is now flagged for further investigation on this post:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Crash-in-arena-match-SLKR-vs-SLKR/m-p/9332083#M40960

Finally !

Ask and ye shall receive (several days ago).

★★★★★ Apprentice
@GladOS-013 I'd like to think that's the same thing, but it's not been said, so that's just my conjecture at the moment... An open confirmation would be great.
Message 55 of 77 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

i'm not a fan of the silence. or the process. if this was another mobile game, you'd post a bug report and the dev team would get back with you on it. period.

This new game engine - is new for CG/swgoh, but the engine is not new for mobile games, devices, or even emulators.
there are so many other mobile games using Unity, games that do not suffer from this crashing issue. the fact that CG/EA are completely silent on this BIG issue is  extremely unwise.

Hire someone who knows how to diagnose and solve the issue. do it fast. this is extremely bad for business.

This is a competitive game. we get a crash in TW, GA.. we just flat out lose. we get a crash in TB/arena/raids, we lose progress/rewards. idk how CG/EA expects they can sit silently on this issue and expect us to keep "supporting" the game... at this moment in time, when a simple crash can make you or your entire guild just flat out lose.

Message 56 of 77 (620 Views)

★★ Novice

Three freezing a yesterday. Once in ship arena did no harm.

Twice in GA which cost me the round.

Always in fleet battles.

Oddly the same time into battle.

Screenshot_20200726-213739.png
Screenshot_20200727-113505~2.png
Message 57 of 77 (552 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Screenshot of my Maximum RAM usage for swgoh, I have not had a crash using Note10+

Screenshot_20200730-182020_Settings.jpg
Message 58 of 77 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EnigmaPotatoes Thanks. Adds more weight to this being a memory issue. Would be interesting to hear the specs of other affected users. My guess is that they have <= 3GB RAM and so struggle to keep that amount free all the time thanks to other apps running in the background (requested by the user or otherwise).

For anyone else monitoring this thread, this tallies with my observation that you need to have 1.5GB free before you run the game (and then don't start other apps while playing). This isn't realistic on many current mid-range devices and most older devices... which is why people see so many crashes.
Message 59 of 77 (418 Views)

★★★★ Guide

To add into that, I do not ever actually close apps or actively manage my RAM usage. I leave Bluetooth and location on all the time.

Added a screenshot of my current RAM usage. 

Screenshot_20200730-232125_Device care.jpg
Message 60 of 77 (399 Views)