Call for action on current crashing/freezing issue

by Resmi9793

Original Post

Re: Call for action on current crashing/freezing issue

★★★ Apprentice
@Resmi9793 could you tell again step by step how we get does logs? Tried to find, but I guess it might be different from phone to phone
Message 41 of 77 (487 Views)

★ Guide

@CG_SBCrumb @EA_HighCommand @EA_UltraSlide 
It could be awesome if all topics related to the freeze (not the abilities button disapearing) / crash could me moved/merged in one topic with all steps to help resolving this issues (retrieving logs on Android/iOS) like the one with abilities buttons disapearing and communicating on this issue.

There is many topics on this matter and it seems people post their own bug (without looking for the right topics) with few information.

Message 42 of 77 (470 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have a few apps installed on my tablet, but recently use ONLY two of them: SWGOH and Discord. And only with these two apps running game crashes and freezes.

I'm really really really REALLY tired of this. Earlier game crashed once in two-three days - of course usually in most uncomfortable situations. Now it's once in two-three hours Teeth bared

And I don't think @Resmi9793 you should count on response from @CG_SBCrumb - he doesn't responding messages on forum (at least I didn't get it) and he won't do it here...

Message 43 of 77 (463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just lost a GAC battle because my game froze and I had to close the application. Definitely don't want to spend money on a broken game. 

Screenshot_20200724-155353_Heroes.jpg
Message 44 of 77 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JumLx38 This is standard on android... My original post covers it. Where are you struggling?
Message 45 of 77 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TetsuoWallace As I said in my previous post, it's not a question of whether you have chosen to run the app. Many run in the background anyway. Try uninstalling _anything_ you don't regularly use.

As for how to progress this thread? I think we should continue to do the right thing and show EA / CG how they should be reacting... Eventually someone should begin to question their current position. If they don't, it's ultimately their loss.
Message 46 of 77 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Resmi9793 Just so you know, the devs who actually fix bugs aren’t here. The QV Support collects bug information, attempts to reproduce, and then files the report into the studio’s system. Then there’s no feedback loop back to here until a patch note announces the fix.

The best thing you can do is try to collect as much info as you can and report it here so HC and US can funnel anything useful into the report.

”progressing the thread” isn’t really a thing. I guarantee that even if one crash cause gets fixed, others will crop up. I doubt the game will ever be “crash-free” 100% of the time for every player across the world, which means this thread will never “close.” 

★★★★ Guide
@GladOS-013 The best recent example of what you're telling them is the Home One bug. It was reported here and reddit numerous times and the fix was just released in the most recent patch.

None of the posts or bug reports get updated saying that it's fixed. This forum is mostly just for one way dialogue for reporting bugs.
Message 48 of 77 (409 Views)

@EnigmaPotatoes Exactly - posts here get closed when a question is answered, or when a bug report gets filed.

Too many players expect threads to “stay open” until the devs fix issues, and that’s not the intent of this forum.

I totally support data collection efforts etc, I just want everyone to have realistic expectations.

★★★★★ Apprentice
@GladOS-013 That would be totally fine by me. The problem at the moment is that this isn't a dialog... And the only way they offer to contact them about bugs is this forum.

I get that the game devs aren't here... Having worked in the industry I am more than familiar with the layers of support between user and developer. That doesn't mean that there can be no communication, though. Maybe they could confirm it has been raised internally, or even better, what else is needed before they do. Is that really too much to ask?
Message 50 of 77 (345 Views)