Re: Call for action on current crashing/freezing issue

by wharp95

Original Post

★ Guide
@Resmi9793 I sent a pm to @CG_Scrumb but never got a answer since the bug occurs (+2 weeks now) , I expected to get an answer from THE community manager, even negative but, well ...
So I suggest to report the game (already done on google play for me) with broken functionalities since google doesn't not support apps that crash, force close, freeze , .... ( https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9898783?hl=en )
Message 71 of 77 (522 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@wharp95 It is sad that no one wants to acknowledge this issue... I'm not sure what would make them pay attention at this stage. There's plenty of negative reviews on the store; it's not like we haven't raised it here. It's clearly not a priority for them.

I don't know if reporting the game will have any effect as I suspect it just gets fed into another data pipeline for machines to analyze until a significant pattern is found. And I suspect existing reports would have been enough for that (given that Google will already have auotomatic reports for crashes from many users). Do let us know if anything does come of this, though.

In the meantime, I'm having one last go at trying to quantify how to check the safety of playing a match on my device. If I can find a way to show when you are in danger, I'll post as my workaround for the bug.

If anyone else is interested, I'm using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spencerstudios.ramlogger to check free RAM on my device as I play. I hope to find a dangerous level at which point I will need to close and restart the game. Thus far I have got down to 300MB free and safely played a full battle.
Message 72 of 77 (484 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Resmi9793 There is a Title Update coming in the next 24 hours. If you're lucky it may contain some stability fixes as content updates often come with some bug fixes.

Don't help your breath on that one though.
Message 73 of 77 (479 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EnigmaPotatoes Yeah - that sums it up... If we're lucky we may get something. If my company did that to our customers, we wouldn't be a going concern.
Message 74 of 77 (449 Views)

★ Guide
@Resmi9793 Well, alone I don't believe it would mean something, there is no longer communication between CG and its community, except for the forum moderators, at least the one I reached answered to my message. I even tried to ask some compensation since I lost GL tickets with this bug to the customer support, but they said , they are not allowed to give any compensation for my case then I asked why, well, customer support closed the chat ... well done EA Help.

They don't want to hear any complain, they don't want to justify themself.
They killed a lots of SW game because they don't bring back enough money, well, I am done with this game and this unprofessional compagny.
Message 75 of 77 (428 Views)

★ Guide
One more thing, there is still new post with freeze/crash but since there is someone called EA_* replying to this post asking them to reinstall / reboot / ..., it is automaticaly accepted as a solution so I am wondering if the op didn't care anymore or it really fix the issue ...
Message 76 of 77 (419 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@shhfiftyfive wrote:

i'm not a fan of the silence. or the process. if this was another mobile game, you'd post a bug report and the dev team would get back with you on it. period.

This new game engine - is new for CG/swgoh, but the engine is not new for mobile games, devices, or even emulators.
there are so many other mobile games using Unity, games that do not suffer from this crashing issue. the fact that CG/EA are completely silent on this BIG issue is  extremely unwise.

Hire someone who knows how to diagnose and solve the issue. do it fast. this is extremely bad for business.

This is a competitive game. we get a crash in TW, GA.. we just flat out lose. we get a crash in TB/arena/raids, we lose progress/rewards. idk how CG/EA expects they can sit silently on this issue and expect us to keep "supporting" the game... at this moment in time, when a simple crash can make you or your entire guild just flat out lose.

The game has actually been using Unity for a long time.  The version of Unity is what was updated.  It was presumably a major version update which is, unfortunately, bound to introduce new issues.

Message 77 of 77 (337 Views)