Sims won't go to work or uni, tried all options I've found online

by TragicClownAgain

Original Post

Re: Sims 4: "Go to school" not working

★★★ Newbie
@SayD93 Were you able to get this fixed? I am having the same issue.
Message 261 of 329 (878 Views)

Sims won't go to work or uni, tried all options I've found online

★★★ Newbie

I go the sims university a couple months ago, and I could never get my sims to go to class. Even when I clicked the go to class option, they still just wouldn't go. The action icon didn't even pop up, and I didn't matter what lot I moved them to, or what household it was. I made multiple households and still had the same issue. I now have a similar issue except my sims won't go to work now. The icon doesn't even pop up with I tell them to go and I've moved the family out and it's still happening. I'm going to list the things I've already tried below, and I would really appreciate it if anyone had any other ideas I could try! Thanks in advance!

-Changing outfits (They don't even have work outfits yet, so there are none for me to change or delete)

-I've deleted all of my mods and CC just to be safe

-I've deleted all of the unnecessary caches and last exception logs

-I've had sims go to different lots and tell them to go to work, no success

-I've had sims quit their job and then get another one, same issue

-I've moved the household out, and then back in

-Repaired game on Origin

It's a very frustrating issue and makes the game unplayable for me. It started with the not going to class issue, so I gave up on university and now my new household can't go to work. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Message 262 of 329 (862 Views)

My sims won't go to work!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Only city living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim won't go to work, I've tried sending her to work but she won't and the action disappears I don't understand please help!
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims don't go to work and the action disappears on the action panel, its really FRUSTRATING. Is it because I have custom content and mods installed?
What do you expect to see? My sims go to work without any hassle!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My sims STILL don't go to WORK!

So I have this glitch in my game where my sim won't go to work, I've tried clicking the "go to work" button in the career box, I've also tried quitting her job and finding another job for her. I've read so many other peoples problems to this issue but they all have the "get to work" pack, I only have the base game and city living... please someone tell me what's up and how I can fix this, it's really frustrating!

Message 263 of 329 (844 Views)

Re: My sims won't go to work!

★★★ Guide

I am seeing this occasionally on several different households on my save. It doesn't seem to matter if it's school, career, university or part-time job, but it doesn't happen all the time.

Travelling to another lot fixed it for me yesterday.

Message 264 of 329 (814 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to school

★ Guide

I have the same issue. My kid went to school normally as a child, but after aging up to a teenager they stopped going and pressing the Go to school button or choosing it from actions won't help.

Message 265 of 329 (802 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds Does your teen have a part time job ?

Getting curious to this. Just had this with my teen. He had a part time job, it was his day off for the part time job, he wouldn't go to school.

I quit the job, he went to school

Could be the same issue for open odd jobs or after school activities.

I think there's several causes here.

- Mods (custom careers)
- Teen having part time job
- Auditions not working (probably separate issue)
- Maybe open odd jobs
- Unable going to class -- maybe cause of a job they have ?

Maybe we could try gather some info, what job/career level and other jobs the Sims that are affected currently have.

Please do remove your mods if you have any.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 266 of 329 (783 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on PS4 so no mods. I posted earlier about my sim no longer going to school just after eco came out  in this thread but I wanted to add some info. 

My sim had no issue going to university class up until Harvest day. I chose to send him to class eventhough he had the day off. He walked to the sidewalk of his off campus house in Britechester and just stood there. He never left even when I clicked the Go to class button.

That same day he had soccer practice but again would not go. He has never been able to go back to class or practice since then.

I've given up on him (that was painful since I've played his family for so long). I just want to check and see if the soccer practice may have been the reason so I can avoid that feature for my next university student.

Message 267 of 329 (756 Views)

Hero
@SWaMp_DOnKeYx Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 268 of 329 (735 Views)

Re: Sims4 bug

★★★ Guide

I have been doing some testing. It seems that at most of the times travelling to another lot and giving the order "go to work" fixes the issue. Not always though and I have no clue why.

However today I had an issue: A holiday going on so no school for the teen of the household and the adult doesn't have a work day. Bills drop in and as they are bugged atm, they need to get payed in the first 24 sim hours or the power gets shut off.

My household doesn't have enough simoleons so off to odd jobs I sent them (those kinds that start asap). The adult leaves to odd job with no issue. 

The teen however, does nothing. So, I travel with her to another lot and from there click the Job Tab and "go to work". She leaves and I am transferred via a loading  screen to home lot.

Both of the sims that should be at odd jobs are at home. No simoleons earned, odd jobs disappeared from work tab. Notification appears that [teen] is off to school, then another that the school day is over.

Then notifications of successes on both odd jobs, outcome simoleons shown on notifications but not on household funds.

It seems quite messed up the whole thing.

Message 269 of 329 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI only see how to send "saved file" for PC in your signature.

If the only way to send a save on PS4 is with a formatted USB device and an upload from a computer then I'm sorry I'm unable to do that.

Message 270 of 329 (708 Views)