Re: Sim won't go to Uni Class

by emma-jb273

Original Post

Re: Sim won't go to Uni Class

★★ Novice

I think it’s a game fault from an update. The amount of people who have the same problem all with varying counters, expansion packs, cc/mods...

it’s really annoying as it interferes with one of the main parts of the game. 

hopefully EA can sort it out soon so we can get the problem fixed. 

Message 221 of 329 (1,074 Views)

Uni - unable to go to class

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?1.29.80.2300 64 bit
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living Uni
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim as student at foxbury uni Staying in dorm and try to send them to a class.
What happens when the bug occurs? Have sim as student at foxbro uni Staying in dorm - term starts- first class. Got automated go early to class. She then went to the bottom Of the building and waiting at the stairs for ages. Missed class. Second class comes along. Notification comes up, goes to class and then gets stuck at the bottom of the stairs outside the building. Go to class action disappears. Click the ‘go to class’ in the work tab but nothing happens. Missed two classes. Don’t even know what location she’s supposed to go to. Very unclear. I only downloaded it yesterday and so far i am Disappointed as I was excited to play this expansion - can’t even do the action which would be the whole point of a university based pack... not too much to ask for £35...
What do you expect to see? Time for class - automated action that actually sends sim to class on time. Without getting stuck or taking ages. Also a working button to send sim to class - as the ones currently doesn’t work. Some sort of information about how the process should work so we know what to expect? For example - can you follow your sim to class or do they disappear and there’s a time lapse like work/school?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I moved a previous sim out of a britechester dorm off campus and when it was time for class she went - similarly to if going to work. She was in a multiple sim household. 

how am I suppose to play this pack? I’ve been playing the sims since the sims 1 (probably for about 15 years) - first time I’ve experienced such a terrible flaw in an expansion pack. 

I also have the sims 4 on pc but not this specific pack so can’t see if it works on pc. 

Message 222 of 329 (1,030 Views)

Re: Uni - unable to go to class

★ Guide

In my case, at least, reloading and having her quit her job prior to enrolling has allowed her to go to class as normal.  She hasn't missed one due to the glitch since.  Fingers crossed it continues.

Message 223 of 329 (983 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] 'Go To Class early' missing/cancelling --> Sim misses class

★ Novice

Just had this problem happen to me today. My sim goes to class early then it cancels and then when class is starting they just pull out their homework book and stand there. Pressing the go to class option doesn't do anything. And to make things even worse my sim keeps playing with that dang future cube all the time, I had to download a mod to make that stop.

Message 224 of 329 (961 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] 'Go To Class early' missing/cancelling --> Sim misses class

★★ Novice
@MsStereoTypical You would not believe the amount of pressups one sim is doing between every activity and how much clay another has spawned and is constantly fiddling with.
Message 225 of 329 (921 Views)

Sims cannot attend to school

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? N/A
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims can't go to high school even I have clicked the button of go to school. The sim was just standstill without any movement.
What do you expect to see? The sims would go to school after I clicked the button
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N/A

Message 226 of 329 (906 Views)

My sim won’t go to work

★★★★ Novice

My sim will not go to work no matter what job it is. The go to work button is there and the briefcase flashes red when she is late to work, but will not go to work when clicked on. No mods or CC. I have seasons. Other sims in household will go to work. Not sure how to fix this. 

Message 227 of 329 (898 Views)

Re: My sim won’t go to work

Champion

@cowboybhabie , Hi! I believe you are asking about Sims 4. I'm going to have this moved to the correct forum so they can assist you further. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 228 of 329 (870 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

@cowboybhabie  I've merged your post with the bug report on this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too and add any other info you find relevant, and you can keep an eye on this thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 229 of 329 (862 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

★★ Novice

I’m having this problem too. I’m on Xbox so no mods. I only have University expansion. My Sim went through two terms then refused to go to any classes so I’ve dropped out to see if Re-enrolling fixes it. 

Message 230 of 329 (750 Views)