Original Post

Re: Sims 4 university sim won't go to class

★ Apprentice

I have this to but for both work and class 

Message 141 of 329 (1,058 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Unable to go to work/school/class

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictOk thank you. I have a game save I can share with the issue occurring so anyone who needs details or maybe has a solution can check it out.

Message 142 of 329 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also, update on my specific situation, I played a brand new household and moved things around, the whole game seems to not allow sims to do these "off lot" activities. Anything which requires them to disappear then come back later is not happening at all. I had the new household set up to be a freelancer so she was able to make money, but I still would not be able to send anyone to university or have any regular career, which is a very large part of the game that is no longer working for me.

Message 143 of 329 (1,016 Views)

Re: Sims 4 university sim won't go to class

Hero
@battlescatt Merged your post with the master thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 144 of 329 (990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Got a similiar Issue. First my Sim was kinda stuck at Work/Promotion, meaning that my Sim was at Home, but the Portrait showed that she was at Work and she couldn't got to a non-active work anymore. I tried several things to fix this (leave work early, quit job, travel, repair gamefiles, etc.), but only by playing with a different Household I managed to change something.

If I hover over the Portrait now, it no longer shows that my Sim is at Work. The Portrait is still greyish though and my Sim wont go to Work anymore.

This is a very very frustrating Bug. Why the hell is such a major Bug still in the game? Is there nothing we can do about it?

Message 145 of 329 (935 Views)

Re: My sims won't go to work or school

★★★★★ Newbie

@crinrict 

I'm having the same issue expect only the children aren't going to school. It is almost as if the go to school button doesn't work. I've tried reseting my whole game, taking my saves out and it works then but once I put my saves back in they still weren't going to school. as far as I'm aware I havent made it a holiday for them. 

Message 146 of 329 (894 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this issue. The issue occured with a guy I had been playing with for some hours.

He studied at the university at the same time as having a job, and it seemed to me those two things collided. At one point I made my guy come home from work early so he could go to a class he was missing instead, but he was "stuck at work". His portrait was grey, his work sign was on, I couldn't enter his inventory etc. He could also not go to the university class. At one point I quit his job and relogged which solved the stuck at work issue, but then I couldn't make him go to work or any classes ever again after that. He also can't do work-from-home-tasks. He starts on the tasks but stops right after.

I tried deleting all mods which didn't help. I also tried clearing cache, thumbnailcache, cachestr and deleting everything in the screenshot folder as well as the Tray folder. Also tried deleting any former save than this exact one. I have all the Sims 4 content available (But no mods since I deleted them). I have collected the lastexceptions for when this issue started in a text document and attached it to this note, in case it helps..

Message 147 of 329 (911 Views)

Sim won’t go to class/work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My sim won’t go to class or work in Sims 4. When I click the “Go to Work” or “Go to Class” button it doesn’t even look like I’m pushing the button. It doesn’t automatically appear in my queue either. I don’t play with mods so I know that isn’t the problem. I just randomly started having issues, and I don’t know how to fix it. Only one of my sims has this issue. 

Message 148 of 329 (856 Views)

Re: Sim won’t go to class/work

Hero
@maggiemcnay I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 149 of 329 (813 Views)

Re: Sim won’t go to class/work

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for merging my issue into here, but I’m not seeing a solution. Am I missing it or did I just get merged to read other situations too?

Message 150 of 329 (788 Views)