Re: My sims won't go to school

by Maddy072

Original Post

★ Novice
@imonlyhereforsim Hi there. I’ve experienced this school bug with a child and the only thing that worked for me was aging the kid up (to teen) and then I put it back to child using cas full edit mode cheat. I’ve played several hours of gameplay since then and it still holds. Maybe it will help you too :-)
Message 131 of 329 (1,123 Views)

★★★ Novice

Heya, just tried this out and unfortunately didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 132 of 329 (1,325 Views)

Sim won't go to work

★ Novice

So randomly today, I was playing sims 4 and my sim stopped going to university and extracurriculars which was odd... But I carried on as it was near the end of the degree and I could study at home and I figured it would sort itself when the sim got a job. 

Well, sim got a job and he doesn't go to work. I have opened and closed the game, uninstalled mods, tried to change into work outfit before going but I can't find an option to do this? On scrolling previous posts apparently changing into the outfit should do the trick but I can't find the option on a dresser or anywhere else? Am I missing anything? 

Playing on Mac 

Message 133 of 329 (1,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello. 

My sim wont go to university class or his activity. The button for "go to class" and " go to activities" is barely clickable. when I try to click it, its like it gets half clicked. and no action bubble pops up on my sims task hub.  I moved my sims to different houses. I used testingcheats and debug reset. I removed all mods. 

Message 134 of 329 (1,277 Views)

Hero
@GirlGottaDesign I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

To change the career outfit you need to use the cheat: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 135 of 329 (1,252 Views)

Sim won't go to school/work

★★★ Newbie

One of my Sims won't go to school or to work. I have tried everything that I've seen on other posts where people have a similar problem. I've tried ageing him up, moving him to a different lot and sending him from there, moving the entire household,moving the mods folder to desktop etc suggestion and repairing the game. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

Message 136 of 329 (1,264 Views)

Re: Sim won't go to school/work

Hero (Retired)

Hi @jgw522h - I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue. Please click "me too" on the first post. It appears there are multiple reasons that this may have occurred; see this post for more info: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class/m-p/9271698#M1...

Message 137 of 329 (1,225 Views)

My Sims Won’t Go To School

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59. 73.1220.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, seasons, city living, get famous, get to work, get together, outdoor retreat, parenthood, vampires, kids room, perfect patio, tiny living and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just press “go to class”
What happens when the bug occurs? If I press the “go to class” button, they don’t go to class. They just stand in their same spot.
What do you expect to see? Them go to class
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

My sims are at university and every time I press “go to class,” they don’t react to it and stay still.

Message 138 of 329 (1,207 Views)

Sim will not go to work or school

★★★ Novice

Hello, I am having a fairly major issue which started last night. My sim was supposed to go to university class, but when the time for class came they cleared queue and stopped what they were doing, but didnt move or actually go to their class.

I had another class scheduled later the same day and it happened again. The "Go To Class" button makes the sound when clicked, but nothing happens. It does not add to queue or make the sim respond.

No other actions have been disturbed, so I attempted to pick up an odd job and see if they could do it, but the same thing happened. Clear queue, then not going.

I tried moving the sim out then having them return, and the same issue happened with an odd job the next day.

I am not using any mods or cc.

Please help me fix this, as I can't play the game if the sims can't go to work or anything.

Message 139 of 329 (1,159 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Unable to go to work/school/class

@MHLoto  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any other information you find relevant.  You can keep an eye on this thread for updates too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 140 of 329 (1,135 Views)