Re: My sims won't go to school

by imonlyhereforsim

Original Post

One of my households in the sims won't go to school.

★★★ Novice

There's one household in my sims world where they won't go to school. I have the Go to School mod installed, but I know it's not the problem since the problem persists with all my cc and mods uninstalled. The mod also works when playing with other sims. It's just this one household that's the problem. I have uninstalled all my cc, reinstalled my cc, changed outfits, reset sims, moving houses, and also repairing the game through origin. They get a notification that school starts in an hour, but they don't even try to go to school. They don't go when I click on the go to school button in the career tab. This is the only household thats doing this, and it just started recently. Please help!

Message 121 of 329 (1,073 Views)

Re: One of my households in the sims won't go to school.

Message 122 of 329 (1,289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too was having an issue where my sim wouldn't go to Uni. Luckily it was the last day of classes so his GPA only dropped a tad. Then once I got him a job he wouldn't go to work. I saw somewhere on this thread to delete the current saved game and create a new one. As soon as I restarted my game & opened my household he went straight to work. Hopefully it's not just a temporary fix & he will continue going to work.

Message 123 of 329 (1,249 Views)

Sim will not go to university class or sport team practice

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When it’s time for my sim to go to her university class the task will appear in the queue and she will take out her notebook but will not move. The task and her notebook disappears and no matter how many times I click on her and choose go to university class or the career option for her to go to class she just stands there. She did three classes and had no issues now the game is glitching no matter how many times I restart she just will not go to class and she fails the classes where she has to take a final exam because she can’t go to the class. Help please!

also happens when I try to get her to go to soccer practice, she has never went because she won’t go. 

also all of her stats are up and there are no negative moodlets and I’ve tried to get her to go when she is standing in her house and when she is on campus. When I click on the building where the class is, there is no option to go to the lecture

also I’m playing on Xbox One

Message 124 of 329 (1,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I haven't tried this solution yet...can you give some more details? like how to do it, if it deletes my household, etc...thanks!! 

Thanks for the reply, but unlike the problem you sent me, my sims don't appear as if they are at school. They just simply don't go.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to send sim to school
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won't go to school. They get the notification for school to start, but won't do anything when it's time to go. Clicking the Go to School button in the career tab doesn't do anything.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my sims to go to school for the full school day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue occured after the most recent patch.

Before people start saying "this is because of your cc!!! evil cc!!" I know that it's not the cc causing this issue since the bug persists even with all my cc uninstalled. Sims can go to work normally, but cannot go to school.

Message 125 of 329 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@imonlyhereforsim I merged your post with the already existing thread.

This issue has multiple factors, one of them being custom careers and the go to school mod.

If you removed all mods and still are getting the error, as well as deleted the localthumbcache, then you it's probably the same cause as everyone else in this thread and there's no need for a new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 126 of 329 (1,185 Views)

Re: Sim will not go to university class or sport team practice

Hero (Retired)
@ScorpioTendency Where does your sim live? On campus? Off?
Message 127 of 329 (1,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper She lives off campus at honeydew fields between the two campuses 

Message 128 of 329 (1,130 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@ScorpioTendency Thank you for that information! Your post has been merged with the bug thread regarding this issue. It is, unfortunately a bug. Please go to the first page of this thread and click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post.
Message 129 of 329 (1,119 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

As I said, I already know it's none of my mods or ccs causing this problem because I've removed my mods and ccs and the problem still persists. I don't know what to do, this doesn't have anything to do with university and I haven't tested it with university classes. I really need my teen and child sims to go to school. I've tried nearly every solution offered to me, but the bug still persists.

Message 130 of 329 (1,080 Views)