[FIXED] Sims won't stay in bed

by TrinityBabe

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't stay in bed

Hero
I've added this although I think there are multiple issues to this

1. For Kids: Monster under the bed is broken
2. Something in the house is keeping them up (pets, music, baby, ...)
3. Waking up but not being really awake: No idea, saves are appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 355 (4,299 Views)

Re: Child wont sleep for longer than 30 seconds and wakes up, screams and is ten

EA Staff

Hi @SarahDAKiller

We tested your save game, however, the design of the house had several noise-makers in the room, including a set of wind-chimes that were set to On. This might be the reason.

After walling off the TV and turning off the wind chimes, the sim would sleep soundly when manually directed.

Would anyone be willing to share their save games to help us reproduce this issue?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 32 of 355 (4,250 Views)

Re: Child wont sleep for longer than 30 seconds and wakes up, screams and is ten

★★ Expert
one of my Sims has wind chimes in her room. they're always on. she's never been woken up by them once she is sleeping in bed.

the issue i had referred to happens when she goes to sleep. she will stand motionless by the bed, never get in, and just "sleep" standing up. i need to test to see if it's related to the chimes, even though she does sleep... on her feet. XD
Message 33 of 355 (4,238 Views)

Hero
@unseenlarks to me it looks like we have several issues in this thread. If you have a save with the sleep standing issue, please upload your save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 355 (4,236 Views)

★★ Expert
okay. i'd uploaded it for a different issue, but i've seen the sleeping thing there, anyway. i'm still not sure it's not the chimes... but it *has* happened to other Sims that don't own one.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!An43Z42J2d3aunIH9AAe-6rBDRM2
Message 35 of 355 (4,232 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @unseenlarks

Do you encounter the issue if you remove the wind chimes?

We also observed wind chimes in your save and were not able to reproduce the issue if we remove them. 

Any other information you can provide?

Thank you very much! 

Message 36 of 355 (4,212 Views)

★★ Expert
hi @SimGuruIcarus,

i'm sorry if anything i said was... you know, awfully explained!

so that *was* actually why i mentioned there was a Sim with chimes in her room, and wrote that i wasn't sure it was (or wasn't, LOL) them chimes... because i was confused... their being or *not* being there didn't seem to influence the Sim's occasional standing up beside the bed.

what i wrote also tried to explain that the Sim *had* wind chimes in her room... that they were always on and had never woken her up once/while she was already sleeping.

and again (i'm sorry, i'm always really long-winded) about the "motionless" thing... it happens *right* when she is going to sleep: i explained it (poorly) as "she will stand motionless by the bed, never get in, and just "sleep" standing up." chimes or no chimes.

so this happened *before* the chimes were added to the room, *and* with the chimes on. but... once she's in bed, she stays there.

and i also tried to explain that it *has* happened to other Sims (even in that same house) that don't own one and never have. or even before i added them to the one Sim's room. so that definitely added to my being puzzled!

i have to add that it doesn't happen thaaat often, i mean, not every time this Sim (or the others) go to sleep.

i'm sorry, i don't know what else to add. Frown
Message 37 of 355 (4,206 Views)

★★★ Novice

The thing about the wind chimes is that they've been in his room for the whole time, and I can successfully get both him and the butler to sleep in that room with the chimes with the right combination of jiggling around repairing, restarting and changing beds.

They've never posed an issue before.

Message 38 of 355 (4,201 Views)

EA Staff

Thank you both for the info and clarification!

We will keep trying to reproduce this issue Standard smile.

Message 39 of 355 (4,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

thank *you*, @SimGuruIcarus! :D

(edit: i want to do more testing, but i'm unable to ATM. maybe i could add some more wind chimes, to see what happens to the other Sims in the house? what else could i try with?

edit 2: i changed the reason why i can't, because i remembered that what i wrote is off-topic. sorry.)

Message 40 of 355 (4,189 Views)