[FIXED] Sims won't stay in bed

by TrinityBabe

Original Post

Re: Sim cannot sleep in beds

Hero
@akoffutt Merged your post. Please check all suggestions on the first page and if they don't help, send me your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 191 of 355 (1,190 Views)

Sims won't sleep!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out, Cats and Dogs, Island Living and Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure?
What happens when the bug occurs? When I tell my Sims to sleep, it immediately X's out. Seems to be only when I tell them to sleep in their beds and they won't go upstairs either.
What do you expect to see? I want the game to work the way it is supposed to. It seemed to start when I got the Cats and Dogs Pack
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added Cats and Dogs, also Backyard Stuff

When I tell my Sims to sleep it immediately X's out and they won't sleep in their beds. I've noticed they won't go upstairs and also, won't put a toddler to bed.

Message 192 of 355 (1,166 Views)

Xbox 1 sims won’t sleep

★★★ Newbie

So my sims after a while just won’t sleep... the only way to make them stay in bed is fill the entire que with sleep in bed to which when 1 task ends they don’t get up they stay in bed but the light flicks on then off .. it only takes them through 5 mins of in game time to get through 1 task of sleeping ... it at the point now where the only time they sleep is when they collapse on the ground which isn’t working for keeping them employed or functional.. it has become un playable as they have a permanent red mood due to lack of sleeping.. 

I’ve tried deleting the bed and buying a new one, un assigning sleeping spots, even tried just getting to go and sleep in one of the other rooms and nothing will work.... I’m out of options with them and also my household is out of money so I can’t just buy new beds..  

Message 193 of 355 (761 Views)

Re: Xbox 1 sims won’t sleep

★★★ Newbie

So I found a fix , I don’t know how long it will fox it for but for now it’s working ... u have to turn your game off / quit your game and go back to dashboard.. then re load your game and it seems to be working again... bloody annoying that I have to do that with a game that’s been out as long as this has but that’s the world of Tripple A titles these days they never get released in full working order anymore.. 

Message 194 of 355 (746 Views)

Re: Sims won't sleep!

Hero
@jem11911 Please try all suggestions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 195 of 355 (1,122 Views)

Re: Issues with the "'Now You See It, Now You Don't' Murphy Bed Loveseat Co

Hero
@Kookiespring Did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 196 of 355 (1,082 Views)

Re: Sims won't sleep!

Hero
@jem11911 Did the suggestions help you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 197 of 355 (1,086 Views)

The sim won't go to sleep.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest as of April 21th 2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone exept moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to make the sim go to bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though the sim is tired, they just go to bed and get out right away without filling the needs.
What do you expect to see? The sim should stay in bed until their sleep need is full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried changing the bed, just in case there was something wrong with the bed for some reason. I also tried resetting the sim, but nothing changed. 

Message 198 of 355 (1,084 Views)

Re: The sim won't go to sleep.

★★★ Expert

@ReeneSeewyn I occasionally see this in my game too. If I exit out of the game and then reload my save, then my Sims are able to go to bed and sleep normally again.

Message 199 of 355 (1,046 Views)

Re: The sim won't go to sleep.

Hero
@ReeneSeewyn Merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please try all the solutions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023

If none of this work, please share your save with QA as asked on the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 200 of 355 (1,020 Views)