Re: Sims won’t sleep

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Hero
@dmaze1766 There does seem to be a problem that goes away by restarting the game.

Can you send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 181 of 355 (2,893 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict What kind of save do you want me to make? One with the mods, or one without? I feel like this might be an issue of the game simply having a mod limit and it starts to get buggy when that limit is hit. The last time this happened (as I described in my previous comment), I ended up going through all the mods and ccs, 50-50 method, and eventually I isolated it down a random CC (medieval coffee maker). But, when I added that one back in to test it, it worked fine. So, the it's almost like slowly adding back in the contents of the mods folder in batches is what solved it (as well as taking out some large sized mods). Right now, I just added the LittleMsSam's Roommate mod, and again, the issue came up. I'm going to try the same process again, clearing out some stuff, adding mods back in in small batches, and see if that works.
Message 182 of 355 (2,848 Views)

Hero
@dmaze1766 Just send me your current one, you don't need to make a new one. The issue seems to occur pretty randomly at times and for most people, the issue has not been mod related so I wanted to see if I can duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 183 of 355 (2,824 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

We've had trouble reproducing this, if anyone can provide a save file it'd be much appreciated! Note that there are many reasons this could happen that I wouldn't qualify as a "bug", such as mods/CC, or radio/TV playing in another room in the house, or pets bothering Sims, or NPCs visiting, or children having nightmares, or volcanoes erupting in Sulani lol. I'm probably missing some, but yeah, if you believe you have a legit bug I'd really love your save, thanks so much!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 184 of 355 (156,893 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims won't stay in bed

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. Everything fine for several house of real time play, then my Sim suddenly stops sleeping, becomes exhausted, and then won't stay in bed because he's uncomfortable. He just keeps getting up, passing out on the floor, and then repeating. This obviously makes the game unplayable. This is ridiculous. Please fix this bug.

Message 185 of 355 (2,741 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims won't stay in bed

Hero

Could you please share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 186 of 355 (2,724 Views)

Issues with the "'Now You See It, Now You Don't' Murphy Bed Loveseat Combo" bed.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Living, Discover University, Seasons, Get Together, Cats And Dogs, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen, Laundry Day, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set up a micro home with a 'Now You See It, Now You Don't' Murphy Bed Loveseat Combo'. Pull it out into a bed and click Sleep.
What happens when the bug occurs? With very low Vampire Energy, I told my sim to go to bed. She sleeps for 5-10 sim minutes, gets out of bed, pulls up the covers, pulls the covers back down, gets in bed, and sleeps for 5-10 sim minutes, repeat cycle. She only sleeps for 10 minutes at a time even with very low energy.
What do you expect to see? My Vampire Sim sleeping in the Murphy Bed until she has full Vampire Energy.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

TLDR; Set up Murphy Bed in a Micro Home, Vampire won't sleep longer than 10 minutes.

Message 187 of 355 (2,706 Views)

Re: Issues with the "'Now You See It, Now You Don't' Murphy Bed Loveseat Co

★ Apprentice

Just opened a COMPLETELY new save file after deleting localthumbcache, it still happened on the Murphy Bed with a non-vampire. I replaced it with a regular bed and she still sleeps for a bvery short time.

Message 188 of 355 (2,655 Views)

Re: Issues with the "'Now You See It, Now You Don't' Murphy Bed Loveseat Co

Hero
@Kookiespring Did you test other beds ?

Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023/

Could you test if any of the steps there help

Did you try the same house in the new save or different house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 189 of 355 (2,626 Views)

Sim cannot sleep in beds

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, cats and dogs, parenthood, vampires, my first pet stuff, perfect patio stuff, and holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a sim to sleep in a bed, it will either reject the action or confirm, begin, but cancel it less than halfway through resulting in no rise in energy level. Woohoo also cannot be done, the sim will indicate they have nowhere to go - as though the bed does not exist. Every bed I've purchased behaves the same way.
What happens when the bug occurs? I send the sim to sleep but it cancels the action before accepting it or during sleep.
What do you expect to see? a sim sleeping for the appropriate time with energy recovered.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

all beds. sim can only sleep if sent to nap on the couch many consecutive times.

Message 190 of 355 (2,693 Views)