Re: Sims won’t sleep

by dmaze1766

Original Post

Re: Sims won't stay asleep

Hero
@nerdling24601 Did you have any luck testing my suggestions ? Do you also have issues on another lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 171 of 355 (708 Views)

Re: Sims won't stay asleep

★ Pro

I have this problem very very occasionally. It seems to crop up after my Sim has spent a long day visiting several lots.

The fix that always works for me is Save, Quit and Repair the game.

If that doesn't work follow Crin's suggestions.

Message 172 of 355 (694 Views)

Sim tps under covers when sleeping, then wakes right up

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Cats & Dogs, Get famous, Get to work, Get together and the free stuff paccks
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure this has happened only et night and when the sim's sleep need meter is orange or red
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to put my really tired sim to sleep. Then she teleports under the covers and gets up immediately
What do you expect to see? When sims are put to bed, they should sleep
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn't take them when it happened, my apologies. I can only seem to fix the bug by going to manage worlds or to the main menu. I've tried debugging the sim and the bed with testingcheats true but neither have worked. Napping still works 

Message 173 of 355 (752 Views)

Re: Sim tps under covers when sleeping, then wakes right up

Hero
@SpaceJamms Merged your post with the master thread on this.

Are there any noise sources around ?

Would you mind sending me the save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 174 of 355 (740 Views)

Re: sims won't stay asleep

★★★ Guide
@ridzley "I thought it was a problem because of an outdated MC Command Center (the last exception thing popped up) so then I removed it and the notification no longer comes up, but they still won't stay asleep. I then removed all my custom content and it still happened."

I hate when people say this... MCCC doesn't *cause* the LastExceptions, it just notifies you that you received one. If you don't have the mod, you will still get LEs, but will have to look in your Sims 4 folder to see if there's one in there.

Spread the word.
Message 175 of 355 (768 Views)

Message 176 of 355 (732 Views)

Hero
@ridzley The radio is running on the bookshelf/radio/tv combination. They slept fine after turning it off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 177 of 355 (705 Views)

★★★★ Novice

First time poster, long time researching the forum while crying over something in my game not working. I've been getting this issue and I finally was able to isolate it down to the mod. I took it out, loaded the most recent version, still doing the same thing. I guess I'll have to get rid of it for good. 

Message 178 of 355 (610 Views)

Hero
@dmaze1766 Which mod was the issue for you (please just name, no links unless it's an adult mod in which case, just say it was an adult mod :D)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 179 of 355 (586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It was an adult mod, but I may have spoken too soon, as it pop up again multiple times. I've done the 50-50 method several times now, gotten down to the mod, taken it out, a couple hours later the issue comes up again. Now it's come up again and I haven't added any new mods since I took out what seemed to be the culprit last night. :/ 

Update: @crinrict So it's the strangest thing --- I thought maybe the problem was that I simply had too many items in my mods folder. I went through, cleaned out a bunch I wasn't using, and that seemed to fix it. So, to test it out, I reloaded the adult mod I originally thought was the problem (I assumed it must have been something else, since I had deleted it before and the issue was still coming up). Well, bad idea, that started the problem again. Okay, I figured, at least now I know what it is. Surely the cause and the effect is obvious here. Not so much. Deleting the mod again, deleting the cache, repairing and updating the game -- absolutely no difference. I'm no computer whiz, but part of me thinks surely, if there was no problem, you add in ONE mod, a problem appears, then deleting that mod would logically remove the issue. So the bug persists, I have no idea why and I'm very confused.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 180 of 355 (561 Views)