Re: Sims won't stay in bed.

by 8caidoz8

Original Post

★ Novice

Yes, it seems to to go away anytime I restart the game and "repair" it through the origin option. Who knows for how long though. 

Message 141 of 355 (1,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. If I delete the bed it stops and then I also clean out my avatar cache file in Origin. Today it happened with the kitchen chair. A visitor kept sitting in the chair and getting up and over and over until I deleted the chair. It seems like that happens when they have a book in their hand but also just got something to eat. It is almost as if they are confused about what to do first. I don't know if the chair thing is related or not. Tell me how to share my save and I will do it. I tried saving it to a folder and zipping it but it won't save says the file type is unsupported. 

This just happened again when the Sim had some silly putty in his hand and wanted to eat a cookie on the table. I saved my save file to the desk top. Just need to figure out how to share it. 

Message 142 of 355 (1,115 Views)

Hero
@Glimmer50 You can find instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 143 of 355 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your response. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_L0YtKb1Ln-FYrnnmzw6wBGDrrB7LQOY/view?usp=sharing

Here is the link. Let me know if it doesn't work. 

Message 144 of 355 (1,082 Views)

Hero
@Glimmer50 Which save do I need to test so I see the Sim getting up all the time ? Do you have a save at that state ? Which chair did you have to delete ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 145 of 355 (1,047 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict The save should say Chair Issue. If it doesn't then I will have to send it to you again. It would be the kitchen chair as you are looking at the back of the house it is the one at the head of the table on the left. The Sim should be in the process of getting up and down. He has the modeling clay and his name is Randolph. There should be food in front of him. If not, there will be tons of it in the refrigerator. Just set the food in front of him and have him hold the modeling clay. Then it should happen. It really doesn't matter what they hold. It could be a book or anything. It is happening in Strangerville. So, the save should be named Strangerville Chair Issue. I hope this helps.
Message 146 of 355 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Glimmer50 I did what you instructed but he gets up when I tell him to mold the clay and molds while standing. He currently doesn't have anything in his hand when I load the save.

Can't really get him to multitask on clay and food.

Also had him read a book on that chair which he did with no issues

Could you post a video of what's happening for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 147 of 355 (1,024 Views)

★★★★ Novice

there is a bug where objects that can be held, are not stored in inventory, i posted a SS where a toy is floating in the air, it detached itself from the toddler lying in bed, the toddler somehow failed to store the toy in his inventory, so two possibilities here, one where the object remains in the sims hands and a second where the object drops to the floor and somehow bugs the interactive object like a bed, once i moved a bed because a toddler didnt go to sleep to find 2 apples appearing where the bed stood, so i removed the apples, placed the bed back and the toddler went to sleep just fine.

Message 148 of 355 (1,012 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I will have to wait for it to happen again but when it does I will try to record it. I assume I can just record it using the video in the game? Or is there some special thing I have to do? 

Message 149 of 355 (1,008 Views)

Hero
@Glimmer50 No, just use the ingame video and then upload to either here (doesn't always work) or google drive/one drive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 150 of 355 (1,002 Views)