Re: Sim won't sleep, gets up immediately

by DarkSinestra

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Redirected from another post I made about this to provide a little more info. In one instance, I know it wasn't a pet because the Sim in question, a young adult, has no pets. There is also nothing that makes noise on the floor where her bed is. She is living on a residential lot in a house I built, not an apartment, and she wasn't getting up to look at anything. She was just popping out of bed and standing there. If the bug repeats on her lot, I'll send you the save file.

I just finished deleting cache files according to the instructions under a thread for that. Interestingly, I noticed a string of exceptions that all said something about an item in inventory not corresponding to any category. It made me realize that one of the sims that was having the issue had been playing fetch with one of the family dogs and still had the ball clutched in her hand. I couldn't get her to let it go until I instructed her to specifically give it to one of the dogs. After it was out of her hand, she slept.

I saw someone else mention this started happening after they installed Moschino. I had just recently installed that, too. I've had Cats and Dogs ever since it released and never had this issue before. The next time it repeats for any of my sims, I'll send a save file. Thanks!

Message 301 of 355 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've had this occur as well. It seems to be the only issue I have had. I am using a brand new gaming desktop purchased on January 6th. Fresh out of the box. Windows 11. Not a single old file transferred over to my new PC. No CC and No mods. It happened after installing Eco Lifestyle and only with the Eco Lifestyle toddler and single beds in Newcrest. I mention Newcrest simply because that is where my household lives on the only lot in that world. If I do not use the beds, it does not happen. I don't mind sharing my saved games or files if needed.

I do wonder, even though these were Eco Lifestyle beds I have had issues with. Getting out of bed and being unable to sleep is part of the Paranormal pack gameplay. Hauntings exhaust Sims. Could there be an issue with one of the Paranormal updates?

Message 302 of 355 (887 Views)

Sims won't stay asleep

★ Novice

For past two months, I been grappling with this annoyance. When I send sims to sleep, they awaken after a few seconds.  Nap command works.  I've done some troubleshooting: repair Origin files, remove/replace mods, update mods, fresh reinstall. Heres the peculiar thing: after removing mods, the issue disappears. At that point, I start putting mods back into game, until issue appears but it doesn't. So, I play the game and exit. When I reenter the game, surprise! The issue is back. Can't find a concrete reason for this problem.

Message 303 of 355 (857 Views)

Re: Sims won't stay asleep

Hero
@jibriyl11 Merged your post with the main thread on this. There's some suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 304 of 355 (820 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi all! 

im also facing the same issue: my sim wouldn’t stay in bed and is going to faint from being too tired. It occurred suddenly mid-game and I tried shifting the bed to test it out. It didn’t work. So I tried to put the bed back but bumped into a second problem: Unable to place the bed back to where it was. Error msg: can’t intersect obstructions. Not sure what to do with this now 😂

Message 305 of 355 (758 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Do you need my save for this? Standard smile
Message 306 of 355 (748 Views)

Hero
@dengyin I'm not sure if EA still needs saves for this. I've been testing some to see if it's any of the known causes but currently I don't have time to test.

Did you check all the known issues listed on the first page ? Did you test if it's just the one household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 307 of 355 (716 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I manage to work around the all the issues! I exited to manage world (thanks to one of the suggestions in the thread) and it fixed EVERYTHING. 

so now my sim sleep, and able to move the house back to where it was. Yay!

Message 308 of 355 (702 Views)

[SIMS4-STEAM-PC] Bug making it unable to nap and sleep

★★ Newbie

When I try to make my sim sleep or nap on a bed they wake up after a second or so not getting any more sleep. I have been trying for so long that now my sim is exhausted. This never happened to me before and it is making the game frustrating and not fun. How do I fix this?

Message 309 of 355 (598 Views)

Re: [SIMS4-STEAM-PC] Bug making it unable to nap and sleep

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I get this sometimes. Try going to manage worlds and then back. If that doesn't work, try moving the sim(s) affected into a different household, load in and out of live mode, and then move the sim back in. One of those things always fixes it for me.

Message 310 of 355 (563 Views)