Re: Sim Unable to Sleep

by stjmk

Original Post

Sim Unable to Sleep

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, eco lifestyle, snowy escape, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, vampires, parenthood, jungle adventure, strangerville, realm of magic, star wars: journey to Batuu, Luxury party stuff, perfect patio stuff, cool kitchen stuff, spooky stuff, movie hangout stuff, romantic garden stuff, kids room stuff, backyard stuff, vintage glamour stuff, bowling night stuff, fitness stuff, toddler stuff, my first pet stuff, laundry day stuff, moschino stuff, tiny living stuff, nifty knitting stuff, paranormal stuff, throwback fit kit, and country kitchen kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and make the sim sleep in a double bed
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell my sim to sleep in a bed, and she'll lay down and the action will cancel, and then everyone in the house resets
What do you expect to see? The sims to be able to sleep
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim cannot sleep. The kids can, and before she had kids she could, but when they aged to toddlers she couldn't use beds anymore. I have removed mods and it still happens.

Message 281 of 355 (1,328 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro
@KcPink43 Does it sound like this?

[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims won't stay in bed
Message 282 of 355 (1,311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I've seen this before but it's been a while.

1. Make sure there are no radios playing.  I used to play lullabies for my children and toddlers, but now it keeps them awake.  Frown

2. Look for other nearby noisy items.

What I ended up doing:

Ineffective but expesses your annoyance:  Pause the game and queue up sleep over and over again until their queue is completely full.  Then when they wake up continuously they just go back to bed.  Repeat as necessary until their energy bar is full. 

Better:  Reload the lot.  I got one of my perpetually exhausted, refused to sleep Sims to sleep through the night on the first try by going to manage worlds, then back to his household. 

Message 283 of 355 (1,302 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims won't stay in bed

★★★ Newbie
@TrinityBabe I think it’s something about the apartments cause only my apartment sims do it
Message 284 of 355 (1,194 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TrinityBabe I suspect there is an issue when you move a sim into your household using the "Ask to move in", interaction. Sometimes the system doesn't completely recognize the new sim as a new member of the household. Meaning, the system thinks the new sim is a visitor "doing something inappropriate" (sleeping in bed) and is forcibly trying to kick them off the lot, but can't.
Message 285 of 355 (1,129 Views)

Re: Sim won’t sleep

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had problems with Sims staying asleep when they have apartments in the City Living area. They do fine in the apartments in Eco Lifestyle area. I think it may be something with neighbors or something with the City Living pack. If my Sim wouldn't stay asleep in her apartment bed, I would save and exit to main menu and reload the game. She would sleep then. After she made money, I moved her into a house in Willow Creek and she never had sleep issues again (except her house is haunted so she gets woken up by ghosts from time to time lol)

Message 286 of 355 (894 Views)

Re: Sim won’t sleep

Hero
@DDWard1972 Moving yours over to the main thread. The thread you posted in sounded a bit different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 287 of 355 (881 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MAC 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except paranormal stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By putting sims in bed
What happens when the bug occurs? I put my sims to bed and they wake up same time 
What do you expect to see? My sims sleeping when they're tired..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure 
Please describe the patch or change you made. 

Message 288 of 355 (810 Views)

★ Novice

posting again about this issue. this is also happening with other tasks like playing piano for example. the sim will sit down for about 5 sim minutes, then walk away. at first, I thought it was her erratic trait but I have found this happens to my other sims as well. help!!!!

Message 289 of 355 (754 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sim won't stay in bed. PS4. Only one sim is affected and using ResetSim seems to fix him. 

Message 290 of 355 (695 Views)