Re: PS4 SIMS STILL AGING UP UPON LOADING GAME AFTER UPDATE!

by MzMelonz

Original Post

PS4 SIMS STILL AGING UP UPON LOADING GAME AFTER UPDATE!

★★★★ Novice

Even after the latest update my sims are still aging up upon loading my games! Frown I'm not using any cheats on these saves and don't want to... I tried changing the lifespan to normal (as opposed to long which I had been playing in) before loading the game but it still did not help... are all of my old saves now useless?? I played all of them in long life mode... 

Message 61 of 219 (877 Views)

Re: Days to age up going way back on the long life span - 41 days instead of 1 e

★★★ Newbie

I have not continued to play that save. Once I noticed the problem and realized I could not fix it with MCCC, I just closed the game. I did not want to mess up the save file.

Message 62 of 219 (851 Views)

Re: Days to age up going way back on the long life span - 41 days instead of 1 e

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks for offering help, i just sent you the link Standard smile
Message 63 of 219 (815 Views)

Age bug not fixed after latest patch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Highschool, Get Famous, cats and dogs, city living, cottage living, Discover university, eco lifestyle, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, dine out, dream home decorator, parenthood, realm of magic, Batuu, strangerville, vampires, cool kitchen ,fitness, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, my first pet, nifty knitting, paranormal, tiny living, toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims will automatically age up when going in and out of CAS or in and out of worlds
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims age up in large amounts
What do you expect to see? Sims should age up at a normal rate and not fill the age bar instantly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Even after the latest growing pains patch was released this is still happening.

I downloaded the new patch hoping the aging bug would be fixed, but it is not and I’m not sure what to do.

i  usually play on long life span but I changed to normal and the issue is still occurring. 

Message 64 of 219 (736 Views)

Re: Age bug not fixed after latest patch

★★★★ Guide

I am having this experience also on xbox one. Noticed it today. 

Message 65 of 219 (704 Views)

Re: Age bug not fixed after latest patch

Hero
@Shellyniffle Are you using MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 219 (688 Views)

Re: Sims still ageing up after leaving CAS, even after new patch.

Hero
@tnpxx I tested your save and while I can see the initial load up, they don't age further after that.

I'm also seeing though that you have been using MCCC.

Did you remove that ? That has it's own set of issues with aging.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 219 (666 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@koosamonkey @crincrit is it the case that I was supposed to start a new save to see the results of this patch fix? 😧
Message 68 of 219 (634 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes. When the patch came out, I started with a new save and had no issues. What I did not know is that I could take an existing save, use "save as" instead of "save" and rename the file. This makes it appear as if it's a new save. So far so good. I have not had any more aging issues with my previous games.

Message 69 of 219 (621 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jmcdan02
The initial problem (drastically wrong ages when loading a pre high school patch save, that can not be explained mathemathically by the changed lifespans) can not be fixed by using "save as". I had already given that a try and it did not change anything.
Message 70 of 219 (658 Views)