Re: Short lifespan: Ages are messed up when loading an old save with the newly p

by flauschtrud

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Sims age up/go back in age/days added/reduced

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CD, IL, S, CoL, GT, P, DHD, SD, SS, TS, MS, TLS, VGS, LDS, Bloomings Rooms Kit, Little Campers Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? unsure, possibly by loading an old short lifespan save where the correct ages of the Sims are known
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim that should be on day 2/12 of her lifespan is now on day 6 and another one that should be on day 4/12 ages up. Sudden age ups and deaths can be observed
What do you expect to see? The ages should be the same as the last time this save was saved (which was the day before the first patch)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installation of the latest patch

I loaded an old save (last saved one day before the messed up patch) and noticed that the ages of my Sims are still wrong (which causes them to age up, too). It seems all their ages are multiplied by 3 (although I'm not entirely sure about this, since I only know the exact pre-patch age of two Sims). I could replicate sudden age ups and deaths with other (short lifespan) saves too.

I removed mods (never used MCCC), deleted caches and repaired the game, which did not help and my save is still not playable.

Despite the (not very detailed) comments from EA saying that all lifespans had been slightly adjusted this seems not to be the case (I looked into the code). Short lifespan life stages should be the same as before (at least according to the tuning files), especially 12 days for my two YA Sims.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 6 of 222 (13,881 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lifespans Broken Again

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

We no longer need save files for this issue.  The team will be looking into it.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 124 of 222 (10,754 Views)

All Replies

Re: Aging Settings Broken

★★★★★ Novice

I just downloaded and installed today's update as well -- I haven't played at all since the last update. All of my saves are set to long lifespan. Immediately on loading into any household, age bars are filled and Sims age up. This has nothing to do with CAS -- it happens immediately when I load any household.

Message 1 of 222 (14,147 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every play (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest Version -- updated August 2, 2022 after "fix" patch to aging bug.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, plus Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Dream Home Decorator, Wedding Stories
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using Long lifespan, open any save and enter any house hold.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon opening any save and entering any household, Sims have aged dramatically and/or are automatically aging up/dying.
What do you expect to see? Bug to be corrected -- ages to be corrected to what they were before High School update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the High School Years Patch.

Message 2 of 222 (14,135 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm really not sure if this is the bug that I am experiencing, but I still have wrong aging and sudden deaths after today's patch (on a backup save that was made a day before the first patch).

I'm on short lifespan and I noticed that one Sim who should have been on day 4/12 is now on 12/12 (and ages up) (4*3=12) and another that should have been on day 2/12 is now exactly in the middle of her bar (2*3=6=12/2). It's gives me the impression that their ages are all multiplied with 3 (which seems to be the new factor that normal lifespan is now longer that short lifespan).

Message 3 of 222 (14,065 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same issue. I have had to turn off aging to stop all sims aging up in a household at the same time. all my sims lifespan bars are full since the bug of the previous update. after losing quite a few sims to sudden death of sudden aging up I turned aging off altogether. after today's update i decided to see if it was truly fixed. it's not. as soon as i turned aging back on (yes i typically use long lifespan) and went into a household they all aged up at the same exact moment when they were nowhere near ready to age up prior to the update that broke the game. testing a theory the only way to possibly resolve this, but I can't verify this yet, is to revert all your sims back in CAS before you load their households. So if they are adult and will instantly become an elder, for example, when you load them, go into CAS and change them to young adult and back to adult...this will essentially start their lifespan over again as an adult. I noticed when I did this to my test household their lifespan bars were not full anymore, but I can't verify this works because I would need to restart my game to test it and I have not done so yet. 

Message 4 of 222 (13,909 Views)

Re: lifespans all the same length

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I took out all mods (never used MCCC), deleted caches and repaired the game. Ages are still wrong and cause sudden age ups and deaths (short lifespan).

Edit: The title of this bug has been adjusted, so I'm not sure if my problem is the same bug or something different (or another symptom of all the aging mess).

Edit: I would still very much appreciate to have an official statement about the adjustments regarding the lifespans that have been made and a list of all life stage for all life spans.

Message 5 of 222 (13,852 Views)

Re: Short lifespan: Ages are messed up when loading an old save with the newly p

Hero
@flauschtrud Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

I would need a backup from before it happened

The age length has changed but they are longer now, not shorter.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 222 (13,821 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you for your help. I just sent the save.

Regarding your comment: I could only observe changed life stages for normal lifespan so far.

If any EA employee happens to read this: please provide an official statement to the community with all the (intentional) changes that have been made regarding the lifespans and why this has been made. This has huge impact on legacy gameplay!

Message 8 of 222 (13,813 Views)

Hero
@flauschtrud Here's a statement from EA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/By-Design-Life-span-duration-changed-for-teen-and-a...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 222 (13,787 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes, thank you, I've seen this one, but regarding the impact of the change I'm rather imagining a blog post to clarify things...

Message 10 of 222 (13,779 Views)