[FIXED] Sims Icon greyed out (no at work symbol)

by MisplacedMel

Original Post

Re: My sim portrait is greyed out cant go to work

★ Guide

I accepted the fame over keeping my job option too, although that was at least two days before the crash and the bug happened, it might have still been affecting her?

Message 21 of 46 (1,755 Views)

Hero
@kegan071 @cwilder8 @pandamon88

Have you also been fired from a job ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 46 (1,750 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes he just got fire yesterday and it still didnt work but it's funny that when he has to go to work the portrait is normal but he cant go to work and it goes back to grey .
Message 23 of 46 (1,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kegan071 Did you get fired before or after the issue occurred ? Any fame cue cards involved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 46 (1,730 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict the normal icon was doing that before too even after he got fired so when he was greyed out it would show normal when it was time to go to work but when he missed work it showed normal icon and I just it go normal on work see if he goes back to normal once he gets fired but it didnt so when he got to red the phone rang was like maybe it's a sign no his boss calls and says his performance is shady so next day he got fired that was only time his boss called.
Message 25 of 46 (1,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did have some mods when he was fired, yes. But they were all uninstalled/removed when I saved it last. 

(Removed the mod mention, keep in mind this is a PG forum) - Atic 

Message 26 of 46 (1,680 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Update! She fixed herself. Somehow. I'm not entirely sure how, but a short time before I realised, there was an LE and what looked like a reset (though reset sim didn't help previously) or brief t-pose glitch while she was tending the selling table. Unfortunately I didn't think to save the LE, so I can't give any more information than that. She is now back in a career and has been to and from work several times without issue.

Message 27 of 46 (1,630 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is still happening for me. Judging from what I’ve read so far it’s only happened in the last few weeks and relates to the latest patch. Does anyone know if they’ll address this in the next patch update? It’s very frustrating.

Message 28 of 46 (1,558 Views)

★ Novice

All of this has happened to mine too. First time I managed to fix it by quitting my job but it's happened again and it won't work now. Even tried evicting, moving, leaving work early, quitting and it still doesn't work! Weirder the second time too because I can access my inventory and stuff!

Anyway to your point, my sim is a global superstar in the social media career (internet personality branch).. both times an option has come up whilst at work where another blogger wants you to roll a random number and the highest number wins. I picked the option that meant she got the highest number thus a promotion and fame points! On both those occasions, afterwards she is just greyed out once home from work! So maybe it's the in-work pop up options that cause it, or being promoted whilst at work? And maybe being a celeb is also somehow apart of it? 

Message 29 of 46 (1,471 Views)

Betreff: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims Icon greyed out (no at work symbol)

★★★★★ Novice

Our users on the Discord Server also have this problem regularly. So it matches with the other reported bugs here.

I wanted to write this only once, because the problem still exists on 20.07.2020. I can't give out more information because of the privacy of our users.

Message 30 of 46 (1,214 Views)