Re: My sim portrait is greyed out cant go to work

by MisplacedMel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims Icon greyed out (no at work symbol)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I tried to travel to "The Secret Lab" lot in Strangerville, the game crashed, and when I finally got the save to open again, she's never returned.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim's little icon is grayed out all the time, like she's off the lot, but she's not.
What do you expect to see? Her icon to look normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started a new save since everyone was having so many issues with their existing saves and I didn't want mine to die until you had time to fix the bugs. This sim is pretty new, but has crashed quite a few times. The last time it crashed she was traveling, but I was going with her. When I finally was able to load her again, five tries I think, she has appeared like she's not with me. I've rebooted the game to try and fix it, but it didn't work.

Untitled.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 46 (7,662 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim appearing grey/then disappearing from household control (physically stil

Hero

This particular issue seems to be fixed.

If you are still having issues with greyed out Symbols, please create a new thread.

Greyed out symbols are usually a symptom with many different causes so if this occurs again, it's likely to be a new issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 46 of 46 (3,293 Views)

All Replies

My sim portrait is greyed out cant go to work

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bowling night, fitness, romantic garden, get together, first pet stuff, get famous, movie hangout, luxury party, jungle adv., spooky, seasons ,island living, realm of magic, strangerville, toddler, parenthood, spa day, backyard, perfect patio, get to work, cool kitchen, vintage glamour, city living, vampires,dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No answer to that cause it just happened
What happens when the bug occurs? ever since he doesnt go to work even swapped jobs still nothing and the boss usually called when hes late the phone doesnt even ring and I click go to work nothing shows upeyed out
What do you expect to see? Should be normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

1. Product: The Sims 4
    Platform:Sony Playstation 4
    What is your current game version number? 1.27
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bowling night, fitness, romantic garden, get together, first pet stuff, get famous, movie hangout, luxury party, jungle adv., spooky, seasons ,island living, realm of magic, strangerville, toddler, parenthood, spa day, backyard, perfect patio, get to work, cool kitchen, vintage glamour, city living, vampires,dine out
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cant answer cause my sim was going to work then it went to greyed out portrait
    What happens when the bug occurs? ever since he doesnt go to work even swapped jobs still nothing and the boss usually called when hes late the phone doesnt even ring and I click go to work nothing shows up
    What do you expect to see? normal sim doing its thing and going to work
    Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
    Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 2 of 46 (7,615 Views)

Hero
@kegan071 Could you try moving the family out and back in ?

Does it say anything if you hover over the Sim ? Can you click on him ?

Did you have any crashes/Error codes before this happened ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 46 (7,580 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did what you said. Move out the sim and back but its still blurred

Message 4 of 46 (7,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I’m having the same exact issue you’re having as well. Also, none of this happened until I saved and went back in. It’s the update patch that’s messing up, not us. 

Message 5 of 46 (7,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merging this all with another save that seems to have the same issue after crashing

Questions for you all

• Does it say anything if you hover over the Sim ? Can you click on him ?
  • Did you have any crashes/Error codes before this happened ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 46 (7,556 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have done that didnt do anything when i move over it just says my name i can do other things but when he stands still i can hear like the icons popping on the side. Ut nothing is showing on him. The other sims are fine and normal I traveled to other locations with the female left him home and itll say care free but it wont do nothing popping up like the other times I left a sim home itll show other stuff. Before the last patch I had an error like everyone else was the 134 error where I loaded my save or continue and it qouldnt let me but that's fine now and next day after the patch this happened. I also tried different households to and see if it happened there but it was normal . I even looked up others having issues but it was years ago and I tried what they did too nothing happened.

Message 7 of 46 (7,517 Views)

Hero

Would anyone mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 46 (7,512 Views)

★ Guide

Error Code was: 

"The game failed to load. Error Code:

134:368f1773:1921c013. It is recommended that you

relaunch the game."

When I hover over the image, it just shows her name. I can click on her and make her do all interactions. I've traveled with her several times since, and even used the "Go Home" button when she was at the bar. I've also traveled to other worlds. Moving didn't fix it, either. I also ran a game repair.

Hover over photo.png

Message 9 of 46 (7,484 Views)

Hero
@MisplacedMel yeah, I believe saves after this error might have some stuff going on.

Could you send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 46 (7,472 Views)