[ARCHIVED] Sim can't cook

by RosiedroidYT

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Sims wont finish cooking

★★★ Newbie

That happened to me but this worked for me that make the person cook alone and then they will finish it. Cake Angel

Message 51 of 111 (1,014 Views)

Cooking Problem - Sims 4

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to cook any meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to cook, the sims act as if the cooker is unreachable. They get the food out of the fridge and then just can't do anything further. Sometimes (very rarely) they start cooking on the cooker and then halfway through making the meal the same thing happens - they stop and act as if the cooker is unreachable. The only way around this is getting a premade kitchen, but even then it only works the first couple of times and then the sims start having the same issue, even if I didn't change a single thing about the kitchen
What do you expect to see? I expect to see sims finishing cooking their meals.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have tried EVERYTHING. I repaired the game, got rid of all the mods and cc, restarted my laptop and reinstalled my game. This problem has been occurring for weeks now and nothing seems to be working. 

Message 52 of 111 (975 Views)

Re: Cooking Problem - Sims 4

Hero
@chr_jone Merged with existing thread.
Please try all suggestions in the solution post and if those don't work, could you provide your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 111 (967 Views)

Re: My sim won't cook!

★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I removed all my custom content to see if that fixed it (as well as used the repair option in origin afterwards) But I'm still having the issue. My sims get a routing error when trying to light the fireplace. I made sure there is nothing blocking the fireplace and tried several different ones.

Message 54 of 111 (895 Views)

Hero
@ZinniaOwleye What do you mean by fireplace ? The outdoor fire pits ? Or are you talking about two different issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 111 (874 Views)

★ Novice

My Sims won't bake. They can still cook food but only it it doesn't require them to put it in the oven. I had this glitch a few weeks ago but managed to solve the problem. What I did was have them cook something on the stove and then once they did that I had them try to cook a cake and had no problems. However, I just got Eco Lifestyle yesterday and the glitch is back and this time no matter what I try they just are unable to bake anything.

I use no mods or CC whatsoever, there are plenty of counter tops available, there is no other meal inside the oven, I deleted the stove and the refrigerator and bought new ones and tried moving the ingredients to a clean spot on the floor with plenty of room around it and nothing has helped. I even evicted the family and moved them back in and that didn't work either. This is getting frustrating. If anyone can help that would be wonderful.

Message 56 of 111 (849 Views)

Hero
@FreyjaNorse No rugs or lights above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 111 (833 Views)

Can't cook on the Stove

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to cook
What happens when the bug occurs? Any time I try to cook with the stove at all, she will get the ingredients out of the fridge, but when she goes to go to the stove to cook, she gets the red x with the feet, saying her path is blocked, but it isn't.
What do you expect to see? My character cooking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I removed overhead cabinets, didn't work. I put the stove in the middle of the living room. Didn't work. I have plenty of clear counter space. Didn't work. I closed the game out and ran a repair. Didn't work. I tried opening the game from a different prebuilt household, and tried to cook with another household. Didn't work. I tried baking, cooking, etc, none of it worked. And I can't empty out stove, as nothing is in there, I checked that too. I'm at a loss. I'm not sure how to fix this issue.Oh, and I also deleted the lolthumbnailcache.package file as well as all the other cache folders. That didn't work either. Frown 

Message 58 of 111 (780 Views)

Re: Can't cook on the Stove

Hero

Did you test another house/save game to see if it's the same issue ?

Merged your thread with the master cooking thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 111 (751 Views)

Re: Can't cook on the Stove

★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Did you test another house/save game to see if it's the same issue ?

Merged your thread with the master cooking thread.

I did, and it didn't work either. I even tried cooking in other households. That didn't work either. 

Message 60 of 111 (729 Views)