Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sim can't cook

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions. Parenthood, Vampires, and Spa Day game packs. Movie stuff, Landry Day Perfect Patio, Outdoor Stuff, and Party Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I really don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim won't cook and plays the animation that it can't go there and puts the food on the floor
What do you expect to see? My sim cook....
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was playing sims today and I wanted a sim to go cook but when he got the ingredients from the stove he acted like something was blocking it. I reset the sim, Reset the stove, Moved the stove, Sold it and bought it again, then lastly switched out the stove for a different one but nothing seemed to work. is there anything that could cause this issue? (also I can't remove CC cause that is my entire house pretty much and all my sims clothing)

EDIT (Crin)

Several causes have been identified

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 111 (26,831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sim can't cook

Hero

I'm going to archive this thread. 

There's several reasons for not cooking, most of which are legit and not bugs. If you do have a bug, please create a new thread

Several causes have been identified

• Pot Rack over stove (Deemed as design)
  • Sims trying to use a far away counter they can't access (Bug) --> Should be fixed
  • Outdated custom content (use S4Studio to fix your custom content)
  • There is no free counter anywhere
  • There's something already in the oven
  • There's no stove/stove broken
  • There's no fridge/fridge broken
  • Lot is Off the grid but not off the grid appliances

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 111 of 111 (11,563 Views)

All Replies

Re: My sim won't cook!

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me when my sim tries to cook on the counters in the bathroom. Try deleting all bathroom counters, so the only counters in the house are in the kitchen. 

Message 2 of 111 (26,705 Views)

Hero

Hi @RosiedroidYT

there's two possible causes for this

one would be as @LiaRose1435 said an issue with the Sims using far away counters as described in this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-using-far-away-object-instead-of-close-one/m-p/64121...

The other issue would be cause by custom content like sofas and benches that are outdated with the cats & dogs patch. You can batch fix those with the S4Studio (Just google).

Please try both solutions and let us know what is causing the issue for you. I will then move your thread accordingly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 111 (26,691 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have bathroom counters.

Message 4 of 111 (26,669 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do use Sims4Studio and I get most of my mods from there such as teleport any sim mod or the pose player mod so idk what I could do I use all the newest updates on the mod

Message 5 of 111 (26,667 Views)

Hero
Do you have any other counters somewhere in the house that are maybe blocked with deco stuff or by locked doors ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 111 (26,659 Views)

★★★ Novice

I could try and remove the extra lights but other than that, No

Message 7 of 111 (26,626 Views)

Hero
Hi @RosiedroidYT

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 111 (26,613 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, Little warning almost that whole save has CC on it

Message 9 of 111 (26,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That doesn't matter :D

It will all be removed when I test and I'm used to naked, bald Sims.

If I don't get the issue on your game, you should test it on vanilla anyways, cause as mentioned in the how to post in this forum, bug reports need to be on non-cc/non-modded games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 111 (26,567 Views)