by VIKING5GRL

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] All of my downloads have disappeared from my library

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. The gallery was down for a while today and when I was able to get back in, everything I’ve downloaded to my library is gone. All of my builds and everything I downloaded from people I follow. Only things left are the pre gallery downloads from maxis.
What happens when the bug occurs? My downloads and those from who I follow have disappeared from my library
What do you expect to see? All missing builds and downloads returned to my library
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Everything I’ve added to my library has disappeared after the gallery was down today. The only things left are the maxis additions from before console had  gallery. Some that I deleted have now reappeared. I’ve restarted the game numerous times but those items are not there though the gallery seems to be up and running. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 66 (12,726 Views)

Re: PS4 All of my downloads have disappeared from my library

Hero
@VIKING5GRL Moving this to the console forum for troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 66 (12,646 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@VIKING5GRL  Please check to make sure you are signed in to the correct account on your console and that the correct EA/Origin account is linked to your console. 

You can also check this link for information https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/FAQ-Sims-4-Console-Gallery/m-p/8773008#M6536

Message 3 of 66 (12,631 Views)

★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

@VIKING5GRL  Please check to make sure you are signed in to the correct account on your console and that the correct EA/Origin account is linked to your console. 

You can also check this link for information https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/FAQ-Sims-4-Console-Gallery/m-p/8773008#M6536

@PoptartJuniper Thanks for your help. I’ve checked everything you suggested... My EA/ Origin account is linked and I’m on the correct account. Online features box is checked. My game and system software are both up to date. I’ve closed the application and restarted numerous times but my library is still missing the downloads I added. My builds are still on the gallery and It will allow me to download them back to my library but everything saved from people I follow is gone. It says I’m following 0 people but my followers are still there. Usually restarting the game fixes this but not now. Also there are 2 builds I made that keep reappearing in my library after I’ve deleted them numerous times. They have a llama picture and says it’s been corrupt. I click on remove but they keep coming back. I have been experiencing a lot of crashes lately when exiting build mode, cas and exiting to main menu and I’ve  posted about it on that thread. I do wonder though  if all of this is related 

Message 4 of 66 (12,602 Views)

★★ Guide

@VIKING5GRL wrote:

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

@PoptartJuniper Thanks for your help. I’ve checked everything you suggested... My EA/ Origin account is linked and I’m on the correct account. Online features box is checked. My game and system software are both up to date. I’ve closed the application and restarted numerous times but my library is still missing the downloads I added. My builds are still on the gallery and It will allow me to download them back to my library but everything saved from people I follow is gone. It says I’m following 0 people but my followers are still there. Usually restarting the game fixes this but not now. Also there are 2 builds I made that keep reappearing in my library after I’ve deleted them numerous times. They have a llama picture and says it’s been corrupt. I click on remove but they keep coming back. I have been experiencing a lot of crashes lately when exiting build mode, cas and exiting to main menu and I’ve  posted about it on that thread. I do wonder though  if all of this is related 

Sorry, not sure what I did but the pic came out wrong and won’t let me delete it. Here’s another of the corrupt items 

Message 5 of 66 (12,586 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@VIKING5GRL  Thanks for the information and screenshots. There was another user that reported something similar happening last time EA had an outage, they eventually reported it corrected itself later when service was restored to normal. There's been lots of reports of issues with EA and Origin yesterday and today. 

If you haven't, try to power down your console completely, unplug it and wait a minute or two before plugging it back in. Power it back on and then check if your gallery and service is back to normal.

As for your crashing, delete your auto save and let the game make a new one. See if that helps. (Have a regular save that's recent before you do this).

Message 6 of 66 (12,575 Views)

★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

@VIKING5GRL  Thanks for the information and screenshots. There was another user that reported something similar happening last time EA had an outage, they eventually reported it corrected itself later when service was restored to normal. There's been lots of reports of issues with EA and Origin yesterday and today. 

If you haven't, try to power down your console completely, unplug it and wait a minute or two before plugging it back in. Power it back on and then check if your gallery and service is back to normal.

As for your crashing, delete your auto save and let the game make a new one. See if that helps. (Have a regular save that's recent before you do this).

@PoptartJuniper  Unfortunately unplugging didn’t work..  I also tried rebuilding the database. The people I follow are back but my library is still messed up. Also the two corrupt items return each time I start my game. Not sure what else to try, hopefully it will be corrected when EA/Origin issues are resolved. 

Re crashes, I’ll give that a try. Has been going on for months so would be great if it works! Thanks again for your help Standard smile

Message 7 of 66 (12,546 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@VIKING5GRL  The gallery and everything should be working normal now after this weekend. 

For your crashing there is a huge post here about it. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Game-crashing-after-December-update/m-p/8547...

Message 8 of 66 (12,522 Views)

★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

@VIKING5GRL  The gallery and everything should be working normal now after this weekend. 

For your crashing there is a huge post here about it. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Game-crashing-after-December-update/m-p/8547...

@PoptartJuniper   It’s been hit or miss all day for me and my library downloads never came back. Now it keeps unlinking my EA/Origin account  every time I exit my game or when it crashes.  when I go back in I have to link my account again to get gallery to show on the main menu. There’s been quite a few people on PS community saying the gallery isn’t showing for them as well. Don’t think EA has the issue resolved yet
Message 9 of 66 (12,496 Views)

★★ Guide

@VIKING5GRL wrote:

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

@PoptartJuniper   It’s been hit or miss all day for me and my library downloads never came back. Now it keeps unlinking my EA/Origin account  every time I exit my game or when it crashes.  when I go back in I have to link my account again to get gallery to show on the main menu. There’s been quite a few people on PS community saying the gallery isn’t showing for them as well. Don’t think EA has the issue resolved yet

Hi @PoptartJuniper  I’m still having a lot of issues with the gallery, it’s been almost a week now. My library downloads still have not returned and I’m having to link my EA account almost every time I start my game. Sometimes I have to do it more than once for gallery to show up. I’ve been looking for answers here on the forum daily and there’s a lot of people with gallery problems but I noticed that no one from EA has responded. Are they still having server issues or is this only console related? I don’t have Twitter but surely people have complained there too I hope?   Would be great if EA could acknowledge the issues and let us know they’re working on it. I’m sorry for complaining but this on top of crashing numerous times a day has made my game almost unplayable. The troubleshooting tips didn’t work, I’ll report the crashing issues on that thread. Any help is much appreciated 

Message 10 of 66 (12,437 Views)