[FIXED] [PC/MAC] Error code 134:b378c837

by littlebluebutton

Original Post

Re: game failed when loading error code134:b378c873:4240d837

[ Edited ]
Hero

@peters88s @K282828 Merged your posts

EDIT

Thanks to everyone that sent me saves. Sent them to QA for now but need to postpone looking into it further myself. All I could provide is a workaround and from the save I looked at this morning it looked rather dark for a solution as even deleting all households and place a fresh one didn't solve the issue

For now:

Keep your save game safe and play a different one until EA can also fix this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 1,609 (5,238 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 error code 134:b378c837

★★★ Novice

I had the same error too

Message 22 of 1,609 (5,163 Views)

Re: My game works until I try to pick a household

★★★★ Novice

I have exactly this same problem. I have tried deleting the mods, using old save files. Deleting and reinstalling the sims. creating a new household. Copying my save files and inserting new ones. nothing. The only thing that works is starting an entirely new game, which I don't want to do. I have a few last exception files, but the last exception assistant didn't pull any errors up. I'm really frustrated. 

Message 23 of 1,609 (5,062 Views)

Error loading households

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Living, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run TS4, load saved game (I have 3 saved games, and this error only occurs in 1 of the 3), click any household to play, error message pops up after attempting to load household
What happens when the bug occurs? Attempt to load a household to play, screen returns to homepage and displays error message (134:b378c837:4240d837, screen shot attached)
What do you expect to see? Attempt to load a household to play, see blue loading screen, enter regular household gameplay based on most recent save
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tested with mods/CC disabled and same error still occurred. I know that the June 10 update resolved a similar bug, but I have only experienced this after the update.

Message 24 of 1,609 (5,014 Views)

Game Failed to Load

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Whenever my 1 played household is loaded.
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Easier to list what I do NOT have: Eco Lifestyle, Realm of Magic, Bowling Night Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing old saves.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game launches as expected until I click on the household I wish to play, at which point I receive error code:134:b378c837:4240d837. The recommendation is to relaunch, which does nothing. 

What do you expect to see? My sims household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. 
Please describe the patch or change you made. Began after the 6/10/2020 update. I had also just purchased and installed Toddler stuff.

Note: I have tried repairing the game with no luckI had no issues with loading saved games prior to the 6/10 update like I've seen some others report (and get fixed with the update).

Message 25 of 1,609 (5,033 Views)

Re: game failed when loading error code134:b378c873:4240d837

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I got this error code mid-gameplay. I'd moved my family out of Britechester when it got bugged out in the June 3/4 updates, and avoiding it fixed my issues. Since the June 10 update was supposed to fix it, after I downloaded the update I sent the young adult in that family to college. I've made it most of the way through a semester of classes (did all the finals stuff, but didn't get grades), and when I sent him back to University Housing from Larry's Lagoon all of a sudden it kicked me back to the world select screen with this error code. When I relaunched the game and clicked on my guy at the University Housing, the logo was a green danger icon (triangle with an exclamation mark inside it) and it said the lot was "incomplete."

I've tried loading it after I removed CC/Mods (all downloaded pre-June 10 update, and I played for several hours on the 10th and today without issue with them), still won't load correctly, not that anything I had was applicable to a Sim in college.

EDIT: Playing around with it more, I can't load ANY of my households (the Britechester guy and the person he left at home in Windenburg). I also tried making a new household in Strangerville, and it let me create a sim and pick a lot for him but clicking the lot and then clicking play produces the same error.

Random info you might need to know for fixing: I currently own Discover University, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, StrangerVille, Laundry Day, and the free Holiday Celebration pack. I am on a MacBook Pro running MacOS Catalina 10.15.5. I am running the most recent version of Sims 4 and tried running the game with CC removed. I tried the repair button in Origin but it was useless, as it usually is for most things. I am not sure what to try next.

Message 26 of 1,609 (5,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

so, I did that, and it's not showing me a popup or anything after the error that tells me to relaunch

Message 27 of 1,609 (5,022 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] Error code 134:b378c837

★★★★ Novice
Message 28 of 1,609 (4,974 Views)

@Killeeenn

Moved your posts to this bug report on the issue. Thanks for the screenshot, very helpful.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 29 of 1,609 (4,954 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm also having the same issue. This error only seems to appear when I try and load a specific saved family, when loading another saved family it seems to work fine though and if I create a new sim. 

Thanks for your help! 

Message 30 of 1,609 (4,911 Views)