Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] Error code 134:b378c837

by chelloo12_

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Has the problem been fixed for anyone yet?? like its literally been a month that it hasn't worked for me. I'm getting fed up tbh

Message 1211 of 1,609 (907 Views)

★ Guide
@keren44 Not fixed, no ETA.
Message 1212 of 1,609 (902 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening a saved family.
What happens when the bug occurs? Error code- 134:b378c837:4240d837
What do you expect to see? To be able to load a family and play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can occasionally roll back two saves and recover, but it's starting to feel like groundhog day here (I've aged a baby to toddler three times now).  I've tried opening multiple families and nope.  Exception file includes the string: 

Exception raised while processing zone spin up sequence: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_career_by_uid' (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_career_by_uid')&#

Yes, the household I'm trying to load contains a retired person, a married couple, and a baby.  The retired person and baby are, obviously, unemployed.  My other played households include teens and/or children and/or retired people who are similarly unemployed. The error seems more likely to occur after redecorating or aging up a Sim (I had to age a child to teen twice in a different household and redecorated his room to be a teen rather than child room), but I don't have any handy exception file quotes to back that impression up. 

I've also tried repairing the game multiple times, etc. 

I tried to include my lastException file but it won't let me. Ah well.

Message 1213 of 1,609 (831 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I encountered this issue last weekend and have been following this thread ever since. Doesn't look like there are any updates, which is disappointing. This is the second time my game has broken in the span of a month or so. I'm even more bummed that I have a four day weekend of staying inside and can't fill my time playing. Wish there was more transparency here, especially since they know (and have been banking on the fact) that most of us are staying at home during this time. 

Message 1214 of 1,609 (815 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is honestly getting ridiculous ! I bought a pack and have not even been able to play long enough. 

Message 1215 of 1,609 (986 Views)

error 134

★★★★★ Newbie

hey guys,
i'm trying to play with my household and everytime i load the game it says error 134..
i tried to unistlled and repair my game but it didnt helped.
when i palyed with a new family everything was ok.

Message 1216 of 1,609 (887 Views)

★★★ Novice
@lburgess24293 Hey! I tried saving my 100 baby challenge household to my library and starting a new save and placing that family. You won’t have their inventories/cash or the full back history of the lineage, just the current household Sims, but they retain their skills and school levels. I’m almost done and really just want to finish it out and this has worked thus far for me.
Message 1217 of 1,609 (964 Views)

Re: error 134

Hero
@ronibn122 What's the full error code you're getting (first two blocks of the error)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1218 of 1,609 (871 Views)

★★★★ Expert

My don't-work-for-EA-but-do-work-for-another-software-company Spidey Sense suspects it's a problem with saving itself, as I usually hit save, then save and exit, and when the problem occurs I need to roll back two saves.  (Or one if I save and then exit without saving, like I did last time.)  I can usually recover at that point.  Try recovering, first the most recent save, and then the one before if that doesn't work.  That seems to work for me. 

Of course, this advice is worth what you paid for it.  Wink

Message 1219 of 1,609 (938 Views)

Re: error 134

★★★★★ Newbie

error code 134b378c837:4240d837

Message 1220 of 1,609 (861 Views)