Re: Sims 4 wont load families

by rslashhay

Original Post

Re: Cannot load any household

★★★★ Novice

Yes! I hope they are working on it. I have been having the same issue since yesterday. I play in Mac, in Portuguese, though.

Message 51 of 1,609 (2,896 Views)

Error code 134 help me

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 134:b378c837:4240d837
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, dine out, parenthood, laundry day, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you click on a family or home and it will download and then the error code will show up.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot click on any family and when I do it will come up with a code error. I have repaired, updated and redownloaded all the games but nothing works. I can create a sim and add a home but I cannot play the Sims.
What do you expect to see? Be able to play the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When I recently bought discover university and island living together. First time it’s happened

Message 52 of 1,609 (2,563 Views)

Re: Error code 134 help me

★★ Novice
@savannahtrail It seems to be happening for a lot of us since the last patch downloaded! I keep trying to speak to EA and their very unresponsive on twitter, and on the chat they basically just said to hang tight while it's being fixed... I've been waiting three days *cries*
Message 53 of 1,609 (2,562 Views)

Cant load a game

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get famous, discover university city living and island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i am facing 2 bugs. first bug is error code 801 and second bug is error 134:b378c837:4240d83.
What happens when the bug occurs? For both of them it fails to load the game after creating a sims.
What do you expect to see? i cant load the game after i create a new sims and cant load my old saved sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i cant load the game after creating a sim and cant even load my old sims.

Message 54 of 1,609 (2,529 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wont load families

★ Apprentice

Platform: Lenovo Yoga Laptop
Which language are you playing the game in?English
What is your current game version number?1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, City Living, Strangerville, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, & Holiday Celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try opening a household. I sent my sim to the bar to get some chips and that’s when the game decided to not allow me into any household.
What happens when the bug occurs? I log into the sims, click on my world chose a family to play with, takes forever to load then i get an error code 134:b378c837:424Od837.
What do you expect to see? I expect the family to load up so i can use them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Slice of Life.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded the recent update in june 2020

Message 55 of 1,609 (2,753 Views)

Sims 4 game error

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 10.5.71.41480
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, Sims 4 Discover University, Sims 4 Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 134:b378c837
What happens when the bug occurs? It will not load x1 saved family
What do you expect to see? I want to play my game. It loads for several minutes then the error 134:b378c837 appears and advises that I relaunch the game. I have tried this on several occasions but it still will not work.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please see attachment for image of game code error

Message 56 of 1,609 (2,557 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game error

★★ Guide

You are not alone: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-MAC-Error-code-134-b378c837/m-p/9205967#M1396... Hard to read from Your Attachment Picture, but seems to be the same Error.

Message 57 of 1,609 (2,545 Views)

Error Code 134:b378c837

★★★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I cant find it.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Cats & Dogs, University, Parenthood, Vampire pack, Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to play household
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click to play a household I am sent to the manage world page with the error code: 134:b378c837. "It is recommended that you relaunch your game." This began about a week ago but i was able to move the main household into a new lot and continue gameplay. After updating the game this morning, as well as adding the expansions Cats & Dogs and Vampires I was unable to play any households even after moving them into a new lot.
What do you expect to see? The ability to play the game at all.

Message 58 of 1,609 (2,561 Views)

[Current Issue] [PC] The game failed to load. Error Code: 134:b378c837:4240d837.

★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The sims 4 Go To Work, and two free stuff - Holiday celebration and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It works fine to open the game to the main menu and different venues, including creating a new household. But I can't open my saved/played household. When I click my household to play, it will go back to the main menu and pop out a window saying: The game failed to load. Error Code: 134:b378c837:4240d837.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't access my household. When I click my household to play, it will go back to the main menu and pop out a window saying: The game failed to load. Error Code: 134:b378c837:4240d837.
What do you expect to see? Access my saved household to play. Right now, I can't play anything. Even for the new created household, I can't move them to the new house. No access to play mode.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The only thing I can think of was I recently installed a free stuff - Grim's Ghoulish Guitar. Not sure if that was one causing the bug. Please help. Thank you!

Message 59 of 1,609 (2,570 Views)

Re: Error Code: 134:b378c837:4240d837

★★ Apprentice

@ella_waddell wrote:

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When loading a saved family/game.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to load any families the game takes me make to the manage worlds screen and displays "The game failed to load. Error Code: 134:b378c837:4240d837. It is recommended that you relaunch the game." This started around 25% of the time and was only when trying to travel anywhere. I was able to bypass the problem by loading older versions of the saves. Since then it has progressively gotten worse and 95% of the time I cannot load saves (old or recent). On the rare occasion it manages to load, as soon as a sim travels to work it bugs out to manage worlds and displays the message again. Since the first time it happened when sims were traveling to Rattlesnake Bar the bar has a warning sign and says "Bar - Incomplete" above it. The game is effectively unplayable.
What do you expect to see? For the game to function and to be able to play it without constantly losing my progress.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I had no issues until the game updated to version 1.63.133.1020 on the 3rd of June. Since then neither patch 1.63.133.1020 (04/06/2020) or 1.63.136.1010 (10/06/2020) have resolved the issue and it has continued to get worse. I would like to clarify that the problems started before I installed Get Famous and Discover University.

N/A

Hi, I have the same issue - did not play a game for a couple of days, just downloaded an update, as it suggested, then went on to buy Vampire expansion, installed it and I can't play anything since  just shows me the same error and I am stuck. Really sucks, as that was my only weekend plan, play the Sims.

Im only replying, so I can see what they say to us - I am quite annoyed, as I am assuming you are, too.

Good luck to us for a fast reply.

Message 60 of 1,609 (2,568 Views)