Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PC/MAC] Error code 134:b378c837

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening a saved family.
What happens when the bug occurs? Error code- 134:b378c837:4240d837
What do you expect to see? The game to work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Every time we go to play on a saved family this error popped up, it was playing fine last night and this morning and only changed after the new update.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 13 of 1,609 (52,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: error

Hero

Fixed an issue which caused Error 134:b378c837 to occur.
O Hello Error 134, was it me you were looking for? I don’t wonder where you are (now) and I don’t wonder what you do (now), I hope you don’t get lonely…

Fixed in Patch 1.64.84

.. So .. tested a few saves but I made the mistake that I lumped all 134 in the same folder so I'm not sure if I'm testing the right ones

I'm still seeing this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-Error-Code-134-64b8a94a/td-p/9213831

The one this thread was about is fixed as they said from the short tests I made.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 1606 of 1,609 (25,181 Views)

All Replies

Cannot load any household

★ Apprentice

Clean install with Eco Lifestyle expansion, no CC or MODS, started a new save after the expansion got released and after a few days the household stopped loading, just crashing the game. Tried various workarounds, repair the sims 4, load into another household and then into my main, nothing worked the game kept crashing. After the 6/10/2020 update I cannot load any household new or old anymore and I am getting the error code 134:b378c8374240d837.

Message 1 of 1,609 (51,778 Views)

Re: Cannot load any household

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you send me your save ? Instructions in my signature

• This is a known error code that is being looked into by Maxis. There is no ETA on when it will be fixed.
  • No amount of troubleshooting your general game will get the save to work
  • It might be possible to get the save to work by deleting certain families that cause the issues in the first place but it's often tedious work. I tested several saves trying that and had no luck even deleting all Sims and all lots.
  • Best to wait until it gets fixed. Maybe play another game meanwhile.
  • Don't delete your save, it's not lost. Also always make backups of your saves before patching.
  • Start a new save to play until this error gets fixed although that seems that it can occur again any time. It might have to do with a certain playstyle or the reusage of certain families that are causing the error in the first place even if you place them in a fresh save. As I don't know what the actual cause is (it does seem to have to do with rabbitholes according to the LastException the game throws), I have no tips on how to prevent it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 1,609 (51,760 Views)

game failed when loading error code134:b378c873:4240d837

★ Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

I have recently re-installed The Sims 4, I had a different error that was repaired with the re-install!! However, I have now been hit with game failed and a loading error. I don't have any mods, but i am losing the battle with the error code. I have tried repairing which was a waste of time and didn't help at all. 

Any advice would be much appreciated, this past week I have encountered endless issues since downloading the Eco package.

Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 1,609 (51,643 Views)
Highlighted

Re: game failed when loading error code134:b378c873:4240d837

Champion (Retired)

@K282828 

Please update with yesterdays patch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 1,609 (51,639 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For me the error code appeared after most recent update (June 10, 2020). I’m not able to load any households. 

Message 5 of 1,609 (51,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

tried it, doesn't fix it.

@crinrict Hello, I have the same problem since yesterdey but on PC (after 1.63.136.1010 patch). The patch created the problem.

Error code: 134:b378c837:4240d837

Have no idea what to do with it. All I did was to install the latest hotfix. Everything worked before this update.

Have no mods, never used mods.

@peter88s. Yes, the code has appeared after the update. The game is now unplayable, finding it really frustrating!! Since downloading Eco I have had nothing but problems.

Message 6 of 1,609 (51,647 Views)

Re: Sims 4 error code 134:c8640a95:5aee4535

Hero
@CuteAndYarny Could you make a new thread for that exact number: 134:b378c837 (last number block is irrelevant) and send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 1,609 (51,951 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Okay, no problem. Can you also tell me how should I send you my save? Should I attach it to a new topic or send it somehow on priv message?
Message 8 of 1,609 (51,908 Views)

Hero
@CuteAndYarny It's best if you upload to google drive or one drive and PM me the link. You can upload but it needs to be < 20 MB and a rar file.

I advise against posting links publicly if you're using a personal google or onedrive account.

If it's just a dummy one with no personal info, you can also just link in the thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 1,609 (51,904 Views)