[CURRENT ISSUE] [PS4] Muted Sounds

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Muted Sounds

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having the sound issue and the crashing issue. I pre-ordered the new pack and won’t get to play it when it comes out today until this mess is fixed. I’ve been looking forward to this pack since they announced it 😔.

Message 41 of 67 (843 Views)

★ Expert
@laurareay89 Yeah, that's not good. Sound is a major part of the game as a product. I think they separated out the stair issue, and, again, not good- because all of these issues came from the patch. I would save (often), and not sure if you can name your save files on console, but if you can that seems to help with game bloat issues (if you have any). I do hope you can get back to gameplay soon.
Message 42 of 67 (841 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@InfiniteVerve thanks. Yes I have been saving religiously. Luckily though it’s been ok today! Actually has enabled me to play all day without chucking me off! But not acceptable for the other people it’s still effecting and also not acceptable that I’ve had to loose my sound to get a working game 😑😑

Message 43 of 67 (838 Views)

Sims silence and crashes

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, outdoor retreat, my first pet stuff, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff, kids room stuff, spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? the sound goes silent, the game crashes at different intervals, no set pattern
What do you expect to see? I expect to hear sound and not have crashes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.33 update

I don't have any screen shots of no sound, and the crashes are being reported.  I'm not tech savvy enough to attach my game file 

Message 44 of 67 (830 Views)

Re: Sims silence and crashes

Hero (Retired)

@Amango40 I've merged your post into the sound issue thread. 

The crashing thread is here that you can post in. PS4 Sims 4 Random Crashing Patch 1.33. Please share your save file if you are able. Directions are in the linked thread.

Message 45 of 67 (819 Views)

Re: Sims silence and crashes

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Amango40

Yes, the team are aware players are experience crashing and audio issues. SimGuruNick posted on this earlier today. You can find the fill post here, but I've quoted a portion below

Hi, Simmers.

Following the latest game update, we have noticed an uptick in crashes on PC, Mac, and especially PS4. We are working on resolving the issue as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience. The current ETA is next week. Meanwhile, you can use the workaround below. It means you won’t have any sound, however the game should run without the audio-related crashes.

For the current workaround, here's the audio steps available for PS4 players

HOW TO DISABLE AUDIO

PS4

• You can try adjusting the master volume in the Game Options to be 0%. We have had mixed results with this.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 46 of 67 (816 Views)

Re: Sound vanished in game. PS4

★ Guide

Same issue. The Sims 4 on Ps4 is totally quiet

Message 47 of 67 (812 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Mine just crashed even with the master volume set to 0% 😢

Message 48 of 67 (809 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah it’s really annoying and an inconvenience that needs to be fixed ASAP . Not only can I not hear any sound but the cane crashes every 20 mins 😩

Message 49 of 67 (657 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am definitely switching to pc I refuse to buy anything sims related on ps4

Message 50 of 67 (657 Views)