by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: Sound vanished in game. PS4

★★★★★ Guide
@Killadazee Its happening on pc too
Message 51 of 67 (822 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Muted Sounds

★ Guide

Just piping in that I’m experiencing the same. Either there is no sound from the time I load the game, or if I have sound when the game initially loads, the game goes completely silent shortly thereafter. I was just playing and the game loaded with no sounds. I played for about 15 minutes and the game crashed. :-( I restarted and the game began with sound, but after about 20 minutes of playing the game just suddenly went silent again. Ugh. 

Message 52 of 67 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me on PC too - the sound effects go missing; can't hear sims talk, menu sounds don't work, but I can hear background ambience. At that point I have to save and quit or the game crashes shortly after. I've also had my sim get attacked by a bug on a hike, do the weird 'ow' animation and sound then have that 'ow' sound loop. Only solution is to restart.

Message 53 of 67 (756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I enabled the sound and still no sound. Maybe another command in game properties to reverse the (-nosound) command for those who disabled the sound. Like (-sound) or something but i don't want to mess with it until it gets fully repaired. 

Message 54 of 67 (730 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  1. I'm having the same issue. I enabled the sound and still no sound. Maybe another command in game properties to reverse the (-nosound) command for those who disabled the sound. Like (-sound) or something but i don't want to mess with it until it gets fully repaired. 
Message 55 of 67 (730 Views)

★ Guide

I get this too. It used to happen a little bit here & there at random, but now it feels like the occurrence rate has spiked considerably.

Message 56 of 67 (722 Views)

Hero
@Saihyou Did you patch yesterday ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 67 (719 Views)

★★ Guide

My game is fully patched and I’m getting this too. It’s most noticeable when Sims talk, they all have echoing alien like voices now, and sounds randomly stop working. I personally only started having this issue after the hot fix patch. I always test a new patch with CC/mods removed, thumbcache deleted, and in a new save.

Message 58 of 67 (669 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh! that's been happening for me too! I thought it was my computer being weird, but im experiencing the same as everyone here

Message 59 of 67 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have problems with the sound as well. It's not muted, but the sound is weird, like there's an echo. It sounds terrible. For me it started after the emergency patch - my game was working perfectly before.

I've tried repairing the game, but it didn't work. I sure hope they will fix this soon!

Message 60 of 67 (622 Views)