by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE] [PS4] Muted Sounds

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33.202.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm unsure. When this happened, I had just aged a child sim up to a teen, and used the mirror to "change sim." Upon loading into the CAS, all the sounds were gone and just the music played. The sounds never came back in live mode. The sounds were completely muted.
What happens when the bug occurs? All sounds are muted, and only the music sounds remain.
What do you expect to see? No muted game sounds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.33 update

I am not certain this is something that can be replicated. It just happens randomly. This was the first time I had experienced it, but others have reported the issues more frequently than what I have experienced.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 14 of 67 (7,364 Views)

Sound vanished in game. PS4

★★★ Novice

Hi all.

I updated to the latest update on PS4. I tried to move one off my Sims but she wouldn't do anything . 

I enabled a reset sim cheat but after I turned the cheats off, all sound while playing with my sims disappeared. It still works in my menus but there is nothing in game.

Message 1 of 67 (7,509 Views)

Re: Sound vanished in game. PS4

★ Guide

Same here bud, as well as the fact that it's crashing non stop for me

Message 2 of 67 (7,503 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dj-conflict I literally just got my first crash too. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Message 3 of 67 (7,496 Views)

★ Guide
@Rorplup Cash over quality mate! They can fire out overpriced "dlc" but can't fix the core game. To think I would have been able to afford 2 PS5's with the cash that I plowed into this buggy mess Standard smile) more fool me I guess. Never again!
Message 4 of 67 (7,491 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Rorplup Is the sound just muffled or is it completely gone?

Is your sim wearing earbuds that are on?
Message 5 of 67 (7,477 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Nope. Sound was completely gone. I haven't come across any earbuds in game.
Message 6 of 67 (7,465 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Nope. Sound is completely gone. No ear buds. Haven't found any yet.
Message 7 of 67 (7,465 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The sound vanishes randomly in my game.   When I first start, everything seems to be okay and then about 20 minutes in,  my Sims voices are muted even when singing.  Then,  another 10 minutes will pass and I will lose sound all together.   If I reload the game and start again,  sometimes the sound will be back,  but it vanishes again after only about 30 minutes.  

I can't tell you how happy I am to have bought all these expansions, game packs and stuff packs only for an update to render the game unplayable.   I'm going to stop typing now because I just really want to start saying unpleasant and non-helpful things.

Message 8 of 67 (7,449 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve been having the same issue. After I installed the latest update my sound starting disappearing.

Message 9 of 67 (7,444 Views)