Audio glitch build/buy PS4 Patch 11/10/2020

by lennybee223

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Update: (Version 1.33) causes PS4 crash!

★★★★★ Novice
@pplcallmejae Same here and the sound randomly disappears too. Only way to get the sound back is to restart the game. Get excited for updates only to be unable to play. Absurd.
Message 10 of 67 (1,876 Views)

Re: Sound vanished in game. PS4

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Rorplup Can you please create a post about this issue in the bug forum

Message 11 of 67 (1,725 Views)

Re: EVERGREEN harbor is glitching

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniperAnd my audio has disappeared twice now since the new update. absolutely no sound

Message 12 of 67 (1,625 Views)

Re: EVERGREEN harbor is glitching

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@misslyra828 Please make a bug report in the bug forums for the sound issue. It is separate from this one.

I've merged your post into the bug thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 13 of 67 (1,620 Views)

Re: Sound vanished in game. PS4

★★ Apprentice

If it helps,  here is what I have observed since yesterday when I first reported my loss of sound.   I started playing right after the update,  and my Sim just stood there frozen while the game clock kept clicking.  People around me were moving,  but my Sim wouldn't do anything.  The sound was working perfectly fine at this point,  and I could hear other Sims talking.

Out of necessity,  I used the cheat for Reset Object for my Sim.  He started moving and doing stuff again,  but I almost immediately noticed that the Sims were no longer talking.  I tried to sing and there was no sound to be heard.  Very shortly after this,  all sound disappeared completely.   I quit the game to go back to the menu,  but even the loading screen no longer had sound.

I mention all this because today I tried to play again.  I say try because the game crashed a couple of times,  but I digress.   This time,  my Sim was working fine right from the get go.  I DID NOT have to Reset Object this time,  and guess what?  I had sound for the whole time!   I did a cheat to make my sim happy and didn't lose sound.  I didn't press my luck with any other cheats,  so I'm not sure if others cause a problem or not.   It could have just been a coincidence,  but I wanted to make a note of it  as its pretty important to be able to use the Reset Object cheat from time to time!

Message 15 of 67 (1,679 Views)

Audio glitch build/buy PS4 Patch 11/10/2020

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent patch (11/10/2020)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle, Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter build/buy mode
What happens when the bug occurs? All audio completely stops in game. All of it. Soundtrack and sound effects. Gone. Vamoose. Reloading a save does not resolve it, and the game has to be restarted to restore sound.
What do you expect to see? I expected the game I was playing to have audio.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch drop (11/10/2020)

bls this patch is so buggy and like i get why y'all did so much good changes and fixes and you added so many cool new things like SRSLY love the improvements but like.... the soundtrack to this game defined my childhood let me have this

Message 16 of 67 (1,669 Views)

Ps4 sims 4 sound cuts out

★ Novice

When I load up the game on my ps4 i have sound and then after like 10 minutes the sound cuts off, i did just get the new update as well so could that be the problem?

Message 17 of 67 (1,630 Views)

Re: Muted Sounds

★★ Apprentice
I have the same problem but on PC. Started after the last update(10/11).
All sound disappears.
Message 18 of 67 (1,655 Views)

Re: Audio glitch build/buy PS4 Patch 11/10/2020

Hero (Retired)
@lennybee223 I've merged your post into the bug thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 19 of 67 (1,612 Views)

Re: [PS4] Muted Sounds

★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper The sound will disappear from my game it’s doesn’t come back on once I start the game up the only way to fix it is a update I try ever thing it’s doesn’t work on my game on my ps4 🙄
Message 20 of 67 (1,608 Views)