[ARCHIVED] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by sjr159

Original Post

Gamebreaking Bug - Sleeping Beauty - Sims sleep and never wake up.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Moment you go to sleep, or when you have multiple Sims, alle Sims are asleep, the speed automatically set to the highest speed an from that point on, thats it. The Sims are asleep and never wake up. The effect shows that the time progresses in the fastest method, but its actually frozen. The UI becomes unresponsive. Happens every time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Aside from producing a gamebreaking bug, so that my sims dont wake up and time keeps flying, it also produces very large savegame files. normaly my savegames are around 6 or 7 MB. When the Bug started it was around 70. Right now they are around 40, maybe because it now happens so fast. I have uploaded 3 savegames and a video, showing how the whole thing looks gameplay wise. In the video its just one sim, but its the same with as manny. They all just have to be alseep at the same time, so that the time warp starts.
What do you expect to see? A working game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Looks like the last.

The Moment you go to sleep, or when you have multiple Sims, alle Sims are asleep, the speed automatically set to the highest speed an from that point on, thats it. The Sims are asleep and never wake up. The effect shows that the time progresses in the fastest method, but its actually frozen. The UI becomes unresponsive. Happens every time

Aside from producing a gamebreaking bug, it also produces very large savegame files. normaly my savegames are around 6 or 7 MB. When the Bug started it was around 70. Right now they are around 40, maybe because it now happens so fast.

I have uploaded 3 savegames and a video, showing how the whole thing looks gameplay wise.
In the video its just one sim, but its the same with as manny. They all just have to be alseep at the same time, so that the time warp starts.

Here are my Files: 

The short Video - Sleeping beauty - Gamebreaking bug:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ay1w9KteOopshMCpRNbExZGeQ54YcB6x1d/view?usp=sharing

Savegame - right after the Bug happens. 
Blows up to 70 MB: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ByVry66CVUP2hbM2EccDkuE0ltccjgFy/view?usp=sharing

Savegame - 15 Minutes before.

Normal Size - 7MB:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1whPcWgpvXYURbx0p2eBAZT6tAE4nLcgz/view?usp=sharing

One of the last Savegames, after trying the entire weekend to get the game working. 
Still the same gamebreaking bug
Size - 40MB:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6BZ___cN9289kbihuFYpRf9dnjT2PG3/view?usp=sharing

Message 41 of 719 (1,409 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims Freezing/not moving/Time goes on

Hero
@BeatButterfly Moving this over to a newer thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 719 (1,398 Views)

Re: Game freeze with animations continuing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm unsure how big my save is, I don't know how to work out which save is which in the folder but it could be the biggest one which is in the 100,000's of KB's (every other save is much, much smaller).  I just transferred my family to a different save and the new save appears to be working fine.  Also I only had CC downloaded and it was still happening without them in the game.  I also have been experiencing really long loading screens which have been getting longer the more I'm on the save.  But I haven't experienced the game crashing yet.

Message 43 of 719 (1,393 Views)

Re: Game time stops

★★★★ Novice

The issue I am having is that once i choose the family i want to play with it goes to the loading screen and im stuck on this scren for hours.The game never loads

Message 44 of 719 (1,344 Views)

Re: Game time stops

Hero
@Diva2690 Are you using mods/cc in your game

@MagnificentOxy That sounds like the problem save

So yeah, pretty consistent that somehow the save game bloats and causes the rest of the issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 719 (1,307 Views)

Re: Gamebreaking Bug - Sleeping Beauty - Sims sleep and never wake up.

★★★★★ Novice

So since this is the only way of reporting bugs, how do i know that someone from the Devs have seen my BugReport? 
This is really annoying. 

i have almost all expensions and dlcs and now im rewarded with a game, that just doesnt work anymore. 
Thats quit the amount of money for no response and a not working game. 

Message 46 of 719 (1,305 Views)

Hero
@maddogtob You can be assured that this forum is closely monitored by the EA QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 719 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

"Happy Gaming" 
- Well, that aint working anymore. 

Yeah i just find it a bit weird, that the only way to report a bug, is through the Forum. And then i kind of like have to hope that someone maybe gets to the bug. 
So basically i put a couple of hundred dollars into the sims and now i have to hope that some day, some time in the future, maybe, something will get fixed. 
Not really the kind of customer support i was hoping for, but thats not ur fault. 

Message 48 of 719 (1,288 Views)

Hero
@maddogtob You're welcome to contact support as well but they will probably just tell you to post here cause it's a known issue and having all info in one place is the best way to track what's going on.

I don't want to derail this thread too much so you might wanna post here to line out what you think should be done better: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Request-on-communication-with-the-player-base-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 719 (1,285 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have game freezes. When that happens I can open Build mode or the Menu but after that I can't do anything.  I have to force close the game to get out of it. My computer doesn't crash when it happens and I don't get a last exception. I tried playing all day yesterday and it kept happening randomly, so no specific time that passes or anything. I tried a different save, it didn't happen in there but I haven't tested it for too long. Today I played for half an hour, I deleted the new kotatsu table and the hot pot I gave the sim family I played with, and so far in those 30 minutes the game did not freeze again. I will try to do more testing and see if there is a pattern or if it's actually caused by the kotatsu table/hot pot. Not sure how important it is, but the save I played yesterday is my building save, I only go into livemode to playtest.

Message 50 of 719 (1,262 Views)