[ARCHIVED] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by sjr159

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Keeps Freezing

Hero
@vjtrent did you have a Winterfest where no father winter showed up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 331 of 719 (505 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game glitching even worse since patch (not crashing tho)

Hero
@jordyndaw Did you have a Winterfest without father winter showing up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 332 of 719 (580 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

Hero
@TheSteelRodent what were the traditions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 333 of 719 (688 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrictbarbeque, drinking, bonfire, fireworks. But the memory bloating happened right before the holiday started. Only this time the screen went blank (white) so I hit Alt+F4 and when I reloaded the same save it didn't happen again, so don't have anything new to go on.

Message 334 of 719 (677 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 335 of 719 (732 Views)

Game works for 5 mins then gets stuck

★★ Novice

Today I bought 3 new packs (Nifty Knitting, Eco Lifestyle and Tiny Living). I have all packs except Journey to Batuu and Snowy Escape. No mods or CC installed. 

The game is complately unplayable. I have a family of 3, just build them a new house before adding the 3 new packs, and now the game doesn't play for more than 5 minutes before freezing.

1. First the time to open item menus is unnaturally long (like it takes about 10 seconds for the e.g. fridge menu to pop up).

2. Then whatever the sim was doing loses the green progress bar around the icon on the right. They seem to get stuck in the process of doing whatever.

3. Then you can't click on any other sim in the household. The game just doesn't react. You can't click on any other items with your current sim either. 

4. You can't click on the sim with SHIFT to debug them, no menu pops up. 

5. You can't cancel the thing they were stuck doing.

6. The only menu that is working is the one where you can save the game.

What I did was repair the game in Origin, didn't work. Then I uninstalled the game and deleted everything from the documents folder before installing it again. After installing all the packs I insterted my old save into the newly created saves folder. It didn't help. They still get stuck within a few minutes of playing.

Message 336 of 719 (694 Views)

Game keeps on freezing after November 2020 update

★★ Novice

After the November 2020 update my game kept on freezing and then crashing. Then another update came out, the one that was supposed to fix this issue. 
I removed all my CC and mods, and started a new game after this last update. Everything worked as it should, so i never put my CC and mods back.

But now, the game goes back to freezing, and i have to turn off my PC in order to exit the game at all.

At first it started to freeze after build mode, especially if i had platforms, so i removed these.

But now my game freezes right away, even without platforms and using build mode in general.  

I've tried to reinstall the game, playing offline and repairing it over and over. But nothing seems to work, and i still have no CC or mods.  

Is there anything i can do to fix this issue? I don't know what to do Frown

Message 337 of 719 (660 Views)

Re: Game works for 5 mins then gets stuck

Hero
@nina579 Did you have a winterfest with no father winter showing up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 338 of 719 (678 Views)

Re: Game keeps on freezing after November 2020 update

Hero
@rikkedonkii Did you have a winterfest with no father winter showing up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 339 of 719 (649 Views)

Re: Game works for 5 mins then gets stuck

★★ Novice

Yes, the last winterfest before installing the three new packs was without father winter showing up.

Message 340 of 719 (665 Views)