[ARCHIVED] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by sjr159

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Freeze / Crash after few minutes

Hero

Hi @DestineeQc 

You can find instructions here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 261 of 719 (717 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict No thanks, you don't need to do that. They can't help me anyway, except fixing their game. I've done everything possible and there is nothing they can tell me what else to do. The game and our saves are broken by the patch and there is no way around it. Just to wait for a 3rd new patch and until then Sims 4 will be put on ice. Thanks Crin for everything you do here.
Message 262 of 719 (741 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay so what if you started your game off in spring and it crashed? Winter fest wasn’t involved.

Message 263 of 719 (693 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - time stops but Sims get stuck in loop

★ Novice
@crinrict Oops sorry, I do have Seasons!!
Message 264 of 719 (425 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - time stops but Sims get stuck in loop

Hero
@natsplat8651 Did you have a winterfest then where Father Winter didn't show ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 265 of 719 (422 Views)

Hero
@crystalf1ambe1 If it crashed, then it sounds different. I would recommend making your own thread in tech, posting your DxDiag.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 266 of 719 (674 Views)

My sims keeps crashing after the fixing update

★★★ Novice

I just wanna know why my game keeps crashing. I updated it with the ''fixing" update and it sucks. I repaired it. I restarted my pc. I turned the sound off and nothing happened. I spent so much time and money on that game. I just wanna know what can I do to fix this? 

Message 267 of 719 (523 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, 

I've been having these issues too - I also had issue before this emergency patch but it seem to be fixed. 

Then, I had winterfest and father winter didn't show, since then I seem to get stuck when moving between x3  - x1 as others have said. 

I also found on one lot I couldn't invite people over? They never turned up, moved to a new house and that solved that issue but the freezing issue and "bloat" issue still there.

Message 268 of 719 (661 Views)

MAC OS - Sims 4 freezes/lags/crashes - new problem since Nov 2020 patch

★★★★ Novice

Hi! I've been playing on my iMAC since September with no problems - even with the highest graphics. The patch in Nov 2020 did stop the crashing problems everybody was also experiencing. I even did a 'repair' to completely fix it, as it was still having some loading problems.

Since the 17th Nov 20, for no apparent reason, the game loads normally all the way until I make any changes to the Neighbourhood, or start playing a Family/Build Mode.

It might play fluidly for about 3 to 4 actions, or in build mode, but as soon as I start playing (it really doesn't like speeding up), the clock will stop, and it will freeze with some graphics still working (like the shade moving). The loading pages take ages but do eventually load. It seems to accumulate lag issues exponentially until it just 'chokes'.

I have tried Repairing the game multiple times. I have de-installed and re-installed. I have rebooted my iMac between each process... Nothing changes.

My iMac is powerful enough to handle all of the Adobe Suite for photography... It should handle the Sims 4 like it has been for the past few months.

Message 269 of 719 (538 Views)

Hero
@LahLahX It's easiest if you revert to a save from before winterfest.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 270 of 719 (647 Views)