Re: new

by nicoleee1229

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hello, checking in after creating a completely new save, with new sim etc and cancelling all seasonal events, not just winterfest. I've been playing since yesterday for several hours now and the game runs fine. No lag or freezing or anything. I even managed to age my sim up with a cake, and I know that that has been an issue as well. I hope they find a solution for it though because I can't play my main save with my legacy family. 

Message 311 of 719 (727 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★★ Novice

My sims 4 game keeps crashing. it lets me get on the game but within 5 minutes it freezes and crashes. is this going on for anyone else? I haven't been able to play for over a week. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling. as well as checking for an update and trying to repair. nothing works.

Message 312 of 719 (720 Views)

★★★ Novice

The problem is Snowy Escape. I purchased and had the issues immediately after purchasing. I uninstalled The sims 4 entirely from origin. Did not redownload snowy escape ( have to stay offline in order to prevent it from downloading while playing game) I have successfully played all morning/early afternoon with zero freezing or issues. The issue lies solely with the new expansion. I am really disappointed that this has happened again with a second pack release where it has been extremely buggy. Hope this helps for anyone desperate to just play your game again. Good luck!

Message 313 of 719 (691 Views)

Sims 4 Glitch PC - Sims get "stuck"

★★ Apprentice

I have been having an issue with my sims game since I downloaded Snowy Escape. I have been unable to play since. I have been through tech support and did everything they told me, just to be told too bad and to wait until the patch fix was released, well it has been long released now and I STILL cannot play my game or save file. Once 2AM hits on my game my whole game stops responding. All the in game mechanics still move (ie: the Z's over their heads when asleep or their plumbobs spin, sound still plays) even when the game is paused. Everything in the game it unclickable, I am not able to switch between sims, and everyone is frozen in whatever position they are in when the clock strikes 2 or 3AM. I have tried to move out my sims and play in a new house but it still happens. I don't want to lose my family.. I have tried to restore back to previous versions of my save and it doesn't matter, as soon as the clock hits 2 or 3AM the game becomes unplayable from that point and I have to force shut down the game as I can't use the menu to exit. Anyone have any ideas? I have my save file uploaded to Google Drive if anyone wants to see if they can fix it... 

Message 314 of 719 (669 Views)

Re: Game Lagging/Time Freeze

★ Guide

So, is the Sims team actually working for solving this issue accompanied with Father Winter glitch? are we gonna get a new hotfix this month?

Message 315 of 719 (823 Views)

Freezing after clicking on doors

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020 (the latest one)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, seasons, get to work, dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In my house in newcrest , in the winter during the festival but also after it's over,whenever I click on the main door, the game starts going slow, the reaction time on clickable objects increases especially if I click on doors again, and after about 45 seconds it will freeze.
What happens when the bug occurs? it will freeze, I checked the RAM usage and it will almost get to 100% despite the new pc and 16GB ram
What do you expect to see? I'd expect to see a normal behavior by the door, just the usual, so who the door is blocked for
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi everyone, in my house in Newcrest , whenever I click on the main door, the game starts going slow, the reaction time on clickable objects increases especially if I click on doors again, and after about 45 seconds it will freeze.

It was Winter festival but even when it was over the bug occurred again.

In addition the RAM usage will grow very fast.(up to 100%), although the computer is new and powerful.

Could you help me please?

Message 316 of 719 (603 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Glitch PC - Sims get "stuck"

@Unbounded13  Does this happen during Winterfest?  There's a major issue right now that can cause exactly what you've described:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 317 of 719 (649 Views)

Sims 4 Keeps Freezing

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since the last update I play sims for maybe 5 minutes max. Then the game begins to lag and completely freezes and I have to open task manager to close it. Before the update it was running fine any help???
What do you expect to see? I'd like to be able to play the game without it freezing and having to go through a lot to get it to close.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• No file
Message 318 of 719 (536 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★ Novice

My game was crashing only in San Myshuno before the patch. It stopped crashing for a while and yesterday it started crashing anywhere my sims where.

Message 319 of 719 (766 Views)

Sims 4 game glitching even worse since patch (not crashing tho)

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any live game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game is very laggy, sims frequently freeze in place while time is still running, when I switch speeds my sims will get stuck in whatever the previous speed was, having a wide variety of issues with one sim and his work (says “day off” on days he works, goes to work on days he doesn’t but doesn’t show the little buttons that allow ability to change how hard he is working, and when he gets off he will physically be in the house but I can’t follow his sim and it still says he is at work in the little box with his face), and having a really hard time getting any of my sims to do anything i’ve asked (even have autonomy turned off & sometimes they’ll literally just stand there, even have an issue where everytime I try to make a parent interact with a toddler they go sit in the rocking chair instead??). Also, either the game takes WAY to long to save or it won’t save at all and I have to forcefully close the tab.
What do you expect to see? expect to see the game work. No problems with my sim going to and from work. my sims and the world not freezing while the time continues. the ability to switch speeds without the sims getting stuck in that speed. them actually doing as I tell them. etc. the game to save in less than 10 seconds like it did literally yesterday.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the most recent update on, I think, November 17th the game has started to run a lot worse.

Please help me figure out what is going on. Been really looking forward to playing since I’ve finished classes for the semester and am now extremely frustrated. Thank you. 

Message 320 of 719 (624 Views)