Re: Game crashes after waiting for the computer pie menu to load

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Yes that is possible, there was a winterfest but I usually don't pay much attention to it. It is possible that father winter was missing. 

Message 251 of 719 (768 Views)

Hero
@fiishes It's possible if you have actually this the: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/td-...

Do you have a save from before winterfest occured ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 252 of 719 (783 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Freeze / Crash after few minutes

★★ Guide

Hi Crin, 

Long time no see.  I'm having this problem too on a PC.   But I think I've found a few things out that may help.

I'm a generational player so I'm playing a family that is six generations in.  This game will freeze after about 10 minutes.

I think the trigger is "LIsten to Musc" or a social.  

I tried reducing the graphics capability from Ultra to High and brought my resolution down from 4K to 1080p. Still same outcome.

I removed my mod UI Extensions and same outcome. 

Then I tried a new game and it was fine. No error at all.

Went back to my generational family and moved one of the young adult Sims out (7th gen) and into Sulani. 

The generational family seems okay for now. 

Will update you on the progress. 

Hope this helps

Message 253 of 719 (1,096 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes I  think I have a save just before that, but I cannot check now. What should I do to not run into this problem? Disable winterfest?

Message 254 of 719 (767 Views)

★ Pro

Info for @crinrict and anyone playing in the pre-made Nishidake home in SE world and are experiencing freezes but no game file bloating. This was happening to me and when I started watching closely, they were always involving the kotatsu table. I put it in household inventory and replaced with regular table and chairs and the freezing stopped. Just removing the plant that is on the table may be sufficient to stop the freezes.

The freezing most often seemed to be triggered with multiple sims at the table and telling one of them to clean up the dishes. Perhaps the game thought the plant should have been a hot pot that should also have been cleaned up and a total freeze would occur, more often then not, if another action was queued for one of the sims, or, a sentiment gained. I did see some freezing with a single sim at the table, if I queued another action.

When I brought the kotatsu table back out, I realized the plant had been removed from it because I had forgotten to remove it first. I only had one freeze after bringing it out, after using a hot pot for one on it. I'm finding the hot pot a little glitchy at times in my game. I put the hot pot on a kitchen counter and haven't tried to use it again in the Nishidake household. No freezing experienced since taking that action. Based on this experience I don't think any item other than a hot pot should be placed on a kotatsu table.

BTW, the freezing I was experiencing was as described in this thread. Time stopped and I couldn't switch between sims. I would have to shut the game down with task manager.

Message 255 of 719 (1,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrictGreat move Crin. As there are obliviously multiple issues going on with peoples save old AND new, I'm pretty sure that the latest SE patch ruined our saves. There isn't really a workaround on our side. It is on the game developers to FIX this. A completely newly created save which hasn't even played yet ( in my case) already has over 20 MB, has NOTHING to do with Winterfest because how could it? No Sim has been played yet.
In my case I haven't even patched to the second latest so called fixed patch and I do not have the new pack Snowy Escape yet, and my newly unplayed save is already bloating upt to 20 MB just by setting up my worlds. So there's definitelly something else up since the latest two patches. You do good to opt out on this issue and leave it to EA/AXIS to fix this.

Message 256 of 719 (1,035 Views)

I Can't Play The Game!

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff and Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uninstalled then Reinstalled Repairs New game Searching forums
What happens when the bug occurs? My game loads just fine. It's when I get into my game and my sims go to do something, they freeze in position. Everything else still moves and/or I can still click things. But my sims just won't function. I only have a few expansions and stuff packs. None of them are the most recent. Last one I bought was the City living. I don't use a single Mod or CC. I've trying re-installing, repairing..etc. Nothing is working. I hate not being able to play it especially spending thay much money on the add-ons.
What do you expect to see? Fix it? I want to be able to play my game with all the expansions I have. If I can't that is a huge waste of money and I'll be highly upset.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest Hot Patch update is when this all started.

I've tried talking to other Simmers, I've tried searching on forums. Now I am reaching here in hopes of getting answers. Other simmers have had this exact issue as well. I'm using a HP Pavilion with Ryzen 3 and Radeon Graphics card. My computer isn't the best but it had no issues running this before. 

I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling. I've tried repairing my game multiple times. I don't know what else to do.

Message 257 of 719 (1,024 Views)

Hero
@fiishes Yes or remove Father Winter from it. The problem is that the game creates an infinite amount of them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 258 of 719 (761 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LuvMySimz If I had the time and not multiple other issues I would totally look into this further but there's only so much one person can do.

Let me know if you want your posts split to it's own thread so EA can assist you further.

@sacredwolf2101 I merged your thread into the mega thread on freezing. Did you have a winterfest ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 259 of 719 (948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictHow can I load a save file from a previous save ? I can only go back to the last save that was made, I don't know how to load an older save in the Sims....

That being said, I think I found out that the cause of the crash for me was the ending of WINTER FEST !!!!!! I loaded into the same game, but in another household that has only one sims... Winterfest ended, I went back to my regular household and the game is back to normal !

There is one other thing I didn't try that I was doing before the crash happened. The "perfom action scene" was the last action I could command my Sims before the crash would happen (but then again, it was exactly at the moment Winter Fest was ending)

Edit : Possible triggers : The ending of the event Winterfest, the action "perform action scene" with another Sims, large family on generation 8+ (not sure exactly)

I hope these infos can help you guys !

Message 260 of 719 (943 Views)