Sims 4 - time stops but Sims get stuck in loop

by natsplat8651

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

[ Edited ]

@shineeshelby  I've merged your posts with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the first few posts on page one for more information, and you can keep an eye on this thread for updates.

@10Rose66  I've merged your post as well.  There is a fix, or rather a couple different approaches to fixing the issue, depending on whether you're willing to use mods and whether you have a previous save to revert to from before the problem happened.  The options are described in more detail here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/11/game-time-is-freezing-patch-1-68/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 241 of 719 (1,217 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Time clock stops and I can't click on anything, but Sims still m

@BeaurtyQwern and @casiolovesong  Is this your issue?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/td-...

It's related to Winterfest and having the Father Winter tradition, so if your sims aren't celebrating or haven't recently celebrted the holiday, this doesn't apply.

If this is your issue, let me know, and I'll merge your posts with the master thread.  You can keep an eye on that thread for updates, and there are some suggestions here as well:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/11/game-time-is-freezing-patch-1-68/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 242 of 719 (1,162 Views)
Highlighted

Sims 4 - time stops but Sims get stuck in loop

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Knitting, Magic. Famous, Island Living, University, Dine out, Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Within around about 5mins.
What happens when the bug occurs? What happens when the bug occurs? Sims continue their action in a loop, game is partially responsive (use mouse and click on some menus, but cannot exit) and cannot unstick the Sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect this not to occur?!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Dine Out, Knitting and Kitchen Stuff expansions, and latest patch.

Also by way of attempted fix, I installed Origins and Sims4 on my partner’s computer and also copied my saved games across, and exactly the same issue occurs, and his PC is very expensive (64GB RAM, RTX2080, i9, PCIE SSD)!

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 243 of 719 (786 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Time clock stops and I can't click on anything, but Sims still m

★ Novice

This very well could be my issue! My Sims celebrated Winterfest about 2 or 3 Sim days ago, and I remember thinking it was weird that Father Winter just never showed up. Thanks!

Message 244 of 719 (1,146 Views)

★ Novice

Seems like that's definitely the issue, thanks! I also noticed that when I hired a Nanny for the first time, nobody showed up. Could the game be trying to generate infinite nannies? Or maybe it's still trying to generate infinite Water Winters, even though Winterfest is over now. Regardless, I'm going to try this fix for sure.

Message 245 of 719 (1,116 Views)

Sims 4 Freeze / Crash after few minutes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat Laundray Day Stuff, Backyard Stuff,Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Loading into the game in live mode the game will completely freezes after a few minutes, the more interactions I ask the sims the faster the game freezes.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't alt-tab out, I can't open tasks manager or alt f4 I have to restart the pc to get out of the freeze.
What do you expect to see? The game should run properly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update 11/10/2020 and 17/11/2020. nothing has been changed on the pc

Loading into the game in live mode the game will completely freezes after a few minutes, the more interactions I ask the sims the faster the game freezes. I can't alt-tab out, I can't open tasks manager or alt f4 I have to restart the pc to get out of the freeze. When the new expansion came out I was able to play for about 4-6 hours then the new hot fix came out and now it's totally unplayable.

Edit : It is Winter Fest in my game, as I've seen others mention it too. 

Message 246 of 719 (1,041 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Freeze / Crash after few minutes

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same exact problem on Mac (game freezes after a few commands) and it is Winter Fest in my game as well. I've tried updating the iMac, Origin and repairing the game multiple times. Could someone help me with somewhere to go for direct updates on fixing these issues? 

Message 247 of 719 (1,216 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I too am having this problem and a game repair seems to have made it worse 

And yeah my saves did bloat after especially the hot fix and I noticed that when I had winter fest happening in game I didn’t have father winter come even tho he is a tradition which is odd?? 

Message 248 of 719 (1,226 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - time stops but Sims get stuck in loop

Hero
@natsplat8651 As you don't have seasons, it looks like you have a different issue than others.

Does this happen with other saves as well or just this one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 249 of 719 (728 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Freeze / Crash after few minutes

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DestineeQc Best thing you can do is load a save from before winterfest and not have winterfest.

Merged your thread.

EDIT

Hi everyone

currently but unsure what to do with this thread as there are obliviously multiple issues going on. Unfortunately I currently have neither the energy nor the capacity to look into this further, especially since it doesn't seem save game related for those not having a Winterfest.

I will make sure EA knows that there's something else up but for the moment that's all I can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 250 of 719 (1,176 Views)