Sims 4 constant crash

by crystalf1ambe1

Original Post

The Sims 4 Freezing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not 100% sure, but it happens less then 30 minutes every time I have played since my game crashed my second day playing with snowy escape.
What happens when the bug occurs? My game randomly freezes. Nothing indicates it's coming. It happens every single time I play about 30 wish minutes into game play. I can't click on anything in the game, the times freezes, my sims freeze, and save screen will freeze.
What do you expect to see? Not freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after I installed snowy escape and only started after my game crashed.

This issue didn't occur until after my game crashed. My game didn't crash until my second day playing snowy escape. I have repaired my game, quitting origin and restarting origin, and rebooting my computer. 

Message 91 of 719 (2,453 Views)

Re: 'Time stop'/Sims AI stopping

EA Sims Team

Hello all.

Just letting you know that the team is looking into this issue.

Thanks for the videos, save files, dxdiags, and other information provided thus far.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 92 of 719 (28,050 Views)

Hero
@primitive137 No, I meant a completely fresh save, just for testing if that bloats too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 719 (2,497 Views)

Re: Game Lagging/Time Freeze

@JuliaChang93

Please upload your saves and PM me the link Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 94 of 719 (2,436 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora Sent you both a big save file and a regular save file (before repairing my game, without any issues) ^_^
Message 95 of 719 (2,432 Views)

@JuliaChang93 @cvarnadoe @jocileah @evayu2 

Thank you SO much for the saves. It's so helpful Standard smile I'm going to go ahead and merge this into the main bug thread that Crin has in the bug forum as Windows users are also experiencing it. Keep an eye on the thread for any updates or possible workarounds.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 96 of 719 (2,428 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey guys! I'm wondering if anyone can offer any advice. I updated my game with the November 17th 2020 update, and its causing major lagging in my game. I am able to start up the game, but after I load my current household, they are maybe playable for 20 seconds before the game freezes with the spinning wheel (I play on a mac), and eventually I have to force quit the game. I've seen a lot of mac users saying that repairing the game has solved issues that they've had with this update, but I've tried repairing the game twice through Origin and it doesn't seem to help. I've got no mods/cc installed and only a small handful of packs. Let me know if anyone has any ideas of how I can fix this! 

Thank you! 

Message 97 of 719 (2,404 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ah, hadn't seen that. Here's a better link, then.

It's hard to say whether the save file gets significantly bigger, as the save file is at the point where it glitches out nearly immediately after starting it. However, it is definitely the largest save I have currently at nearly 6mb.With the small amount of time before the glitch, I can't notice any drastic or sharp increase in filesize.

Message 98 of 719 (2,388 Views)
Highlighted

Sims 4 constant crash

★★★★ Apprentice

I downloaded snowy escapes when it came out and it was working well got a few days. Now when I try to play my game in a few seconds the time and my sims stop. If I try to save it it goes on forever. I redownloaded mods that are now up to date, I tried starting a new game and it’s still not working. I even repaired the game, so I don’t know what to do now.

Message 99 of 719 (2,207 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This is my last try and my game got totally unplayable. No problem about loading but playing is impossible. After 10 seconds, everything froze and i needed to force-quit Sims 4. Hope there will be a fix asap.

Message 100 of 719 (1,814 Views)