Re: 'Time stop'/Sims AI stopping

by primitive137

Original Post

Re: Game Lagging/Time Freeze

★★★★ Novice
I moved them to the desktop and it ran a little better, but still felt like it was lagging a bit.
Message 81 of 719 (1,106 Views)

Hero
@primitive137 Does it also happen if you start a fresh save for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 719 (1,216 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry, apparently I got confused as many people were also reported the issue that I'm having.

I can load the game, that was never a problem for me. When i do it and go to my family after a while (tops 1 hour in Sims' time) my Sims just stop what they're doing. I am unable to click on any other Sim, only right-click to move camera to see them. I can't click on anything. The time stops, but the world is moving (shadows, weather etc). And then nothing. When I try to leave the game with or without saving it, it freezes so I need to go to Activity Monitor and end the game from there. 

I tried literally everything that was advised: I copied my last save, reinstalled the whole game several times, updated it, fixed it (also several times), changed my options (even though it's been working perfectly on high setup so far), deleted all CC and Mods, reinstalled Origin. I also made sure that I have enough space, there's literally nothing else on this laptop than Sims. I also tried to play with new family, any other family in this save. Nothing worked. This is weird to me since after the update last week and buying the new game, it has been working properly for around one day, then I was experienced with the crashing issue, and then this freezing has started. 

I've just finished reinstalling it again so let me restart my laptop and send you save folder in couple of minutes.

Message 83 of 719 (1,107 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Scrolling through this thread is very confusing to me. Because I don't remember the dates just that I had crashing problems after one update and them I hadn't played in a few days, logged on today and did another update and EA bubble popped up on main screen saying the crashing issue was fixed 

But now, I still can't play because Sims freeze in whatever current position they're in every 5 minutes. Can't switch Sims or click on things. 

Then it will let up for 10 seconds and then freeze again 

Game is totally unplayable  

It was absolutely fine before the last 2 updates. 

Message 84 of 719 (1,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I can´t play at all after this last update. It freezes every two seconds. Both in live mode, paused mode and in build mode. Have tried two different saves and to start a new game. Same thing everytime. I tried to repair the game also. Before todays update I could play fine.
Message 85 of 719 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Ive checked just now, my old save files were in a range between 1-15 mb. My recent 2 save files from today are 50 and 90 mb. Those are also the files i've been experiencing time-freeze and ultra speed bug which also results in avoiding my sims to do their commands until i slow down the time.

Those all happened after Nov 18 update, not just after installing, i needed to repair my game to get rid of "sims wont stay in bed" issue, it is fixed but now this "thing" showed up...

ps: i tried saving my game to a brand new save file (save as...), it is also too big (83 mb).

Message 86 of 719 (1,209 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same thing has happened to me! I've tried repairing the game, reinstalling it, removing CC/mods, but I still only get about ten minutes of gameplay before if freezes up like that. When I try to save, it loads forever to the point where I just have to Force Quit the game and lose my progress.

Message 87 of 719 (1,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictDo you mean saving to a new slot from "save as," or starting a completely new game? I've created a new save from "save as" a few times and that definitely hasn't helped.

EDIT: Can also confirm massive bloating in save file size after saving when the freezing starts.

Message 88 of 719 (1,185 Views)

@jocileah

You can see my replies above, please can you upload your saves and PM me the link.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 89 of 719 (1,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

My recent save files are also too big... I updated my game (Nov 18) and was playing smoothly but suddenly that bug appeared:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023

So i repaired my game again, got rid of this issue. But oh lord, after that fix my save files have literally started bloating and im always experiencing this time-freeze curse Frown

ps: i tried saving my game to a brand new save file (save as...), it is also too big (83 mb).

Message 90 of 719 (1,093 Views)